Meet the Boys

Chapter Forty-Three
Meet the Boys

It was one week until our big trip to the Cayman Islands with Addison and Ryan. Chris and I were extremely excited about going but we still didn't exactly know where Jasper would be staying. Today is the day that Chris would have been coming home from the army if he hadn't been shot in the shoulder. And that means that today, Dustin Carrington, Jaxon Smith and Corey Samuels were coming home from their tour. Or at least for now until they head off onto the next tour.

They all lived about ten minutes from Beckton and when Chris brought them up to me he realized that I hadn't met them yet. I mean, sure they had read mine and Chris's 'Dear John' letters over his shoulder but they hadn't met me yet exactly.

So, here we are, Ryan, Chris, Addison and I driving to see 'The Boys' as Chris calls them. They had all met on their first tour in the army and instantly became friends. I didn't know the entire story, but I intended on finding out.

The ten minutes flew by and before I knew it, we were getting out of the car and heading over to the front door. Their house looked similar to mine in size and was pretty nice. From the way Chris talked about the guys, it didn't seem like they would particularily care what their house looked like as long as they had a roof over their heads and beer in the fridge. The four of us approached the door and Addison, Ryan and Chris were extremely relaxed whereas I didn't exactly know what to expect from these boys. When we reached the door, they didn't bother knocking. Chris swung the door open and we all walked in.

"Wake up ladies!! Sheriff's home!!" Chris screamed through the house.

Corey, Dustin and Jaxon came barreling down the stairs and laughed hysterically when they saw Chris and Ryan.

"Hey losers. Ladies-oh. Who. Is. This?" The guy looked to be Chris's age with chocolate brown hair that was slightly longer at the top. He had bright blue eyes and perfect teeth, and stood about 5'8". His hair was messy but still looked good and he had a bit of stubble on his cheeks and chin.

Chris slung an arm around me and pulled me flush against his side, his body tense.

"Dustin-boys, this is Nicole. She's my fiancee" he said putting extra emphasis on the word fiancee.

I laughed a little to myself and patted his chest with my hand. "Calm down Cowboy"

I pulled myself from Chris's grasp and went and shook hands with the three of them. Jaxon was around Chris's height but a little shorter; around 6'2". He had lighter brown hair that was styled in the front, chocolate brown eyes and a very attractive smile. He was well built; as were they all, considering they were in the military, and he was a sweet looking guy. Corey was also tall; he looked around 6' or 6'1". He had longer, rather curly hair that came down to just the bottom of his earlobes. He had his hair all pushed back so that it looked slick and was off of his face. He had more stubble on his face than Dustin did, and he also had eyes that were blue but leaning more toward the teal side. To say the least, Chris had some majorly attractive friends.

They offered us a beer and we all sat down on the couch and talked for a while. We had decided to order a pizza considering it was easiest, and watched a few movies. Of course, the boys all wanted to watch a horror film. Addison and I both hated them. There was something about cowering under your bedsheets in fear and having a mini heart attack every time the wind blew the curtains that we didn't find all that appealing.

Addison and I were outnumbered and he seven of us ended up watching 'Children of the Corn'. They had said that the old horror movies were always better and ten times scarier than the new ones so they wanted to watch one. I had always stayed away from horror movies whether they were new or old. I simply hated them.