Letters

Chapter Twenty-Five
Letters

Nicole

Addison and I were sitting on the beach together enjoying the hot summer sun. After reconnecting with Chris, I finally found myself able to go to the beach without feeling an empty void in my stomach. But one thing was still on my mind. It had been two months since Chris was home and he wasn't writing me at all. I was upset and scared because he had no contact with me, but at the same time,I wasn't feeling as bad as I had been before he came home because I knew that he still loved me.

We were about to get up and go get some ice cream from the parlor down the beach when a terrible pain shot through my lower left shoulder. I screamed out in pain a little.

"What's wrong hun?" Addison asked with concern.

"Nothing my shoulder just started to hurt real bad, but it's subsiding now. Let's go get some ice cream"

'That was really weird' I thought to myself.

When we reached the ice cream place, I ordered my usual cookie dough, and just like her brother, Addison ordered mint chocolate. We decided to split the bill and we walked together eating our ice cream on the beach. 

"Addison, what should I do about Lena and Kara? I mean when Kara heard about it, they both stopped talking to me all together! They won't even hear my side of the story! I don't know what to do. I miss them and having this happen while they are gone, just makes it that much easier for them to get away with not seeing me" I said with sadness.

"Well, I think that you should keep calling and texting them, but not so much that it's annoying. Just enough so that they know that you won't give up until they hear you out" she said sympathetically.

"And guess what?" she said.

"What"

"We're going out tonight"

"We are? Where?" I questioned.

"There's a little party that one of my friends invited us to downtown. Some guy named Kyle is having it at his house, and we need to get out and be social"

Kyle. Jay's best friend and also my childhood best friend.

"Alright. Cool! It sounds fun!" I said trying to sound excited. I'm pretty sure she could see right through me just like Chris can but she smiled and shook it off.

"Okay well the party is in like three hours so we should think about heading home soon"

"Addison, my house is literally five minutes from here" I laughed.

"That's true, but we're gonna try and look like a couple of supermodels" she smirked.

I laughed and then sighed. We finished our ice cream and headed back home. Dad was still staying with us and him and Addison were getting along just great. There was something about the Garrett family that simply made my family adore everything about them.

About three hours later, Addison had me all dressed up and she did my makeup as well. I have to say, I looked hot.

When Addison finished doing her makeup and got dressed, she looked absolutely gorgeous. I don't know how she didn't have a boyfriend. Maybe it was because her scary older brother was in the military. I internally laughed. He wouldn't hurt a fly.

We grabbed our purses and headed out the door.

I jumped into the drivers seat of my car and drove to Kyle's house. I had been there multiple times before so I knew where it was. 

We pulled up to the house and parked near the over-crowded driveway. We slowly made our way to the house and walked in. The strong smell of alcohol lingered in the air and I tried not to gag. I didn't particularly like alcohol, and the fact that it was technically illegal for me to drink it made me dislike it more.