Epilogue: Part I

Lieutenant Garrett
Epilogue: Part I

Five Months Later...

Chris and Ryan were gone on a golfing trip for the week, so Addison and Dominic were staying with me until they got home. I didn't want to be alone, and apparently, they didn't either. Dominic was six months old now and he was getting so big. I loved him a ton and treated him like my own son. He had a little bit of hair on his head which looked like a mix between Ryan's brown and Addison's red. Chris and I spoiled him rotten. We bought him tons of clothes and his crib. Addison and Ryan tried telling us that they would buy the crib but when they were at a doctor appointment one day, Chris and I brought over the crib we had already bought and built it in the nursery. I also took that time to hang all of the clothes we got Dominic in his closet. They originally freaked out but quickly got over it. To say the least, the were very happy.

Since Chris and I got married, we were still trying to decide whether to buy a new house and sell my mum's, or just keep mum's the way it is and maybe get some new furniture. We made a bit of a compromise and decided to tear mum's house down and build our dream house on the same property. The only reason I would really want to keep mum's house would be for the location. And since she technically left the house to Chris and I in her will, we owned the property. I did love the house, but it had too many memories of mum and dad in it and I wanted to start fresh with Chris and Jasper.

We stayed with Addison and Ryan until the house was finished, which was only about a month and half to my surprise. We moved back into the house and Addison, Lena and Kara helped me pick out furniture and paint colours and helped us move in and get settled.

I was currently watching The Wiggles with Dominic while Addison had a shower and I hated to admit that I knew all of the songs on that show. This was a new level of low for me. I wasn't even Dom's mum and I knew all of the songs on his favourite show. Just goes to show you what I do with my time.

Addison had gotten out of the shower and was warming up a bottle for Dom in the microwave as she started reheating some leftover eggs. My stomach churned and I ran to the bathroom and emptied its contents into the toilet. I stood up, took in another waft of the eggs and threw up again. Addison came into the bathroom and pulled my hair back into a loose ponytail while she rubbed circles on my back.

"Nicole honey what's wrong" she asked, concern evident in her voice.

"I don't know I guess my body doesn't like eggs anymore"

"Oh"

"Maybe I didn't cook them enough yesterday and I got some food poisoning"
"Maybe. I wish I could help"

"Well, you can. Turn off those eggs and light a few candles" I laughed.

"Okay boss" she said, saluting.

I stood from the bathroom floor and brushed my teeth. I walked back into the living room and scooped Dominic up into my arms. I bounced him back and forth and went to the microwave to get him a bottle. The rest of the night went by pretty well and I didn't end up throwing up anymore. Addison went to bed early and I fed Dominic and put him down as well. I watched a little TV and I headed up to bed.

I woke up  around six in the morning; my stomach flipping once again. I ran to my bathroom and spilled my guts into the toilet.

"Nicole are you sure it's just food poisoning?" Addison asked standing in the doorway with Dominic.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure it is at least"

"Maybe we should go to the doctor. You have thrown up enough to get whatever bad food that was in your stomach out. I'm worried about you" she said.