Gone, Gone, Gone

Chapter Sixteen
Gone, Gone, Gone

Give me reasons to believe
That you would do the same for me
And I would do it
For you, for you
Baby I'm not movin on
I'll love you long after you're gone
For you, for you
You will never sleep alone
I'll love you long after you're gone
And long after you're
Gone, Gone, Gone
~Gone, Gone, Gone- Phillip Phillips

I woke up the next morning hearing Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips playing throughout my head and a tear dripped from my eye.

I opened my eyes and saw Chris still lying next to me. I breathed a sigh of relief and moved closer to him.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest kissing the top of my head. I felt that our relationship was absolutely perfect.

But nothing is ever perfect.

We stayed lying together for about another half an hour before Chris had to get ready to go.

He had cleaned up his house the other day and all he had left to do was repack the bag he brought here. 

When he got up, I stayed in bed and watched him get ready to leave.

It was about 8:30 when the dreaded goodbye arrived.

He had his uniform on and his backpack all packed up and he walked with me to the front door.

"You stay here for me alright? I'll be back for ya soon" he said tearing up.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up off of the ground and spun me around.

"I'm gonna miss the hell out of you" I laughed, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm gonna miss you too m'darlin" he said, choked up.

We stayed like that, with me in his arms and my tears on his shoulder for....not long enough.

I watched as my Lieutenant Garrett left for the army for the last time.  I just hope that it wasn't going to be his last time in the house.

I watched the jeep pull away and I stayed on the front porch until it was out of sight. I shakily walked inside and closed the door behind me. I leaned against the door and my legs gave out, causing me to slide down to the base of the door.

I sobbed for about the twenty minutes until there was a knock on the door behind my back.

I slowly stood up, using the door for balance and saw that is was Kara and Lena.

I opened the door and fell into their awaiting arms.

"Aw Kara,  I think we found the right time to come over, but for the wrong reason" Lena muttered.

"What?" I sniffed.

"Kara and I forgot that you know who was leaving today and we came over to tell you something but it doesn't seem like the right time, so we are gonna have a girls day and hangout here" Lena said.

We talked for a little bit about everything. But it turns out, they were leaving one very important detail out.

"Okay I can't stand it anymore!! Please tell me what you came here to tell me!!" I exclaimed, a little frustrated.

"Alright alright" Kara gave in "closer to the end of the school year, Lena and I applied to different colleges"

"Okay, so?" I questioned.

"So....We both got in" Lena said.

"Guys!! That's great!!" I exclaimed.

"Yes it is! But, there's one catch" Kara explained.

"Oh no"

"Lena got into Oxford in England and I got into the University of Melbourne in Australia"

"You guys are leaving?" I asked my vision becoming blurred with tears once again.

This was definitely not perfect.

Chris~Gone,
Lena~Gone,
Kara~Gone
--------------------------------------------
Oh no! How could Lena and Kara keep such a big secret from Nicole?! And now they're gone! What is Nicole going to do?
I love hearing your feedback so keep eating and voting! You guys mean so much to me and I love hearing predictions about the story.
Keep commenting and voting my lovelies!!

Happy reading!
Eagle_Eye_13 xx