All Tied Up

Chapter Three
                                 All Tied Up

My wrists were tied together behind the back of the chair, and each of my ankles were tied to the bottom chair legs.

I could see the stranger reaching around my shoulders and slowly starting to tip the chair back on two legs. Then another man appeared and began to press something cold and sharp against my throat.

The cold steel made my entire body flinch which made the ropes get tighter around my hands and ankles.

And then, the guy behind me spoke.

"Just tell us where it is and this won't have to get messy"

As much as I hated saying it, his voice was like music to my ears.

"I...I...I don't know what you're talking about" I stuttered in between whimpers.

"Oh come on...pretty girl" the man with the knife said.

"I..I'm sorry but I really...don't know what you're talking about....honest" I pleaded.

The knife slowly began to puncture the skin under my chin.

"Honest" I whimpered. Tears began to flow down the sides of my face and the ropes began tighter than I ever imagined possible.

And that's when things got strange.

The chair started to shake, and the men were gone. If I weren't tied up, I'm pretty sure I would've been thrown from the chair.

"Nicole" my mother's voice.

The shaking continued.

"Nicole" her voice again.

I woke with a start. My covers were on the other side of the bed, my hair was a mess, and my clothes were drenched in sweat.

Mum was sitting beside me on my bed with her hand on my shoulder. Her faced was lined with worry.

"Bad dream darling?" she asked pulling me into a tight hug.

"Yeah mum. Just a nightmare. I'm gonna go take a shower"

"Honey it's one am"

"Yup! Don't care! I am sweaty and gross!" I answered while grabbing some new clothes and walking to my bathroom.

I walked into my bathroom, placed my dry clothes and slowly started to peel away my gross pajamas.

I turned on the shower and waited for it to heat up.

I stepped into the shower and let the steaming hot water envelope me as I drifted into La La Land.

I was snapped back into reality by my mum banging on my bathroom door.

"Nicole honey!! Are you alright in there? You've been in there for like two hours!!!"

"Sorry mum! I lost track of time I guess"

With that, I turned the shower off and grabbed my towel. I dried off and climbed into my warm new pajamas. Mum must've put them in the dryer while I was in the shower.

I put my sweaty clothes on the side of the bathtub to dry and I walked back into my room. It was three in the morning. I was in the shower for literally two hours. No wonder mum was so worried.

I was walking over to my nice warm bed when I was hit by a wave of fatigue. I fell asleep almost immediately after my head hit the pillow.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt like taking an easy day and going to the beach. So, I put on the bikini Lena made me get because I actually liked it, put on my swimsuit cover, grabbed a towel and headed down the stairs.