Date Night

Chapter Four
                                 Date Night

At about eight o'clock that night, my phone started to ring. I stepped out of my closet to see Chris's picture appear on my phone.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach. How did this man have such a handle on me? We had only just met that day!

I walked over smiling and answered.

"Miss me already?" I chuckled

"Of course I did" he laughed "but I think I may have accidentally put my sunglasses in your bag"

"Hold on I'll check for ya"

"Thank you darlin"

I put the phone in between my ear and my shoulder as I rumaged through my bag until I found what I was looking for. Big brown aviators.

"Found em!" I exclaimed happily.

"Now isn't that a relief" Chris sighed on the other end.

I laughed at him. He was so cute.

It was around two in the morning when we decided to call it a night.

"I should get to bed" I yawned "I don't want to fall asleep during our date tomorrow" I chuckled.

"We wouldn't want that now would we?" Chris laughed.

"No we wouldn't" I chuckled.

"But just for the record" he started "as long as you're there, I'll be okay"

I blushed immediately and looked down at my feet. He was so sweet.

"Okay then. Goodnight Mr. Cheesy"

"Haha goodnight darlin. I'll pick you up at about two tomorrow. Sound good?"

"Yes sir it does" I laughed. "Goodnight Chris"

"Goodnight Mrs. Cheesy" and the line went dead.

He just called me Mrs. Cheesy after I called him Mr. Cheesy. I internally screamed.

I didn't fall asleep for about another hour or so and Chris was on my mind the entire time.

When I woke up the next morning, I saw a text from Chris.

Morning Nicole! I know you're probably still sleeping but I just thought I would remind you that I will be at your place at 2. If you could just send me the address that would be helpful ;) See you then!!
-Chris

Waking up to a text from Chris made my heart skip a beat. I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand.

12:30pm

I only had an hour and a half to get ready!

I quickly threw the covers off of my body and ran to my closet to decide what to wear. Since we were going to the fair, I decided not to wear anything too fancy. And since he had only seen me in my bathing suit yesterday, it isn't very hard to top that.

I settled on a nice flowy tank top and a pair of denim shorts with some converse shoes. I did my makeup simply yet elegantly, and I did my hair in big loose curls. Just as I put the curling iron away, the doorbell rang.

Just as I heard the sound, my stomach filled with excitement and butterflies. I grabbed my purse and practically ran down the stairs.

I opened the door to reveal a very handsome looking Chris carrying a beautiful bouquet of flowers. He was wearing a pair of worn out jeans and a navy blue button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled just below his elbows. His hair was a little bit messy but in a good way. Like he just ran his fingers through it.

"Hey there beautiful" he said as he handed me the flowers.

"Chris, you didn't have to-"

"A beautiful girl like you deserves beautiful flowers" he cut me off.

"Well thank you. They're beautiful" I said taking a whiff of the flowers. "Come on in, I'm just going to get a vase for these" I smiled.

Chris stepped in the door and followed me to the kitchen. He propped his elbows on the breakfast bar and watched me closely as I searched for a vase.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing. Just watchin ya" he chuckled. "Even when you blush you're absolutely adorable"

I chuckled at him and set the vase onto the breakfast bar. I grabbed Chris's arm and we were off to the fair.