Paris

Chapter Twenty-Six
Paris

"Hold on a minute. What did you just say?" Addison questioned me.

"I said, Chris was shot in the left shoulder yesterday and he is at a hospital in Paris so pack your bags"

"Okay, when does the next flight leave?"

"Not until tomorrow morning" I sighed.

"Well, let's get packed and get some rest and we'll leave first thing tomorrow alright?" she soothed.

A stray tear rolled down my cheek.

Addison came over and enveloped me in a hug and wiped the tears from my cheek.

"He's gonna be okay alright? He's in good hands now. You'll see him tomorrow" she said kissing the top of my head "now let's get you to bed. You've had a long day"

"Okay. Thanks for everything Addie"

"What are sisters for huh?" she chuckled.

I laughed at her remark. She really was like a sister to me.

We both headed to bed after about ten minutes. I was awoken the next morning by Addison repeatedly poking my face.

"Wake...up" she said.

"Fineee" I laughed.

"Hey it's your fault we have to get up this early anyways" she winked.

"Oh shoot yeah! We have to get to the airport! The flight leaves in like three hours!" I remembered.

We grabbed our bags and headed for the airport. Thankfully, it was only about twenty-five minutes from my house so we still had plenty of time to go through security and find our gate.

"Alright Addie. Find gate C17"

"Okay I think that's this way" she pointed.

I followed her and we found our way to the gate.

"Now what are we going to do for an hour and a half?" she asked.

"Hmmmm. What card games do you know?" I asked pulling a deck of cards out of my backpack.

"Well, I know how to play go fish, and crazy eights" she laughed.

So we spent the rest of the waiting period playing go fish and cray eights.

'Would all passengers on flight 702 to Paris France please prepare to board. That's all passengers travelling to Paris France please prepare to begin boarding' The lady over the speaker said.

"Alright. Let's go get Chris" I smiled.

Addison hugged me and hooked my arm with hers as we made our way to the plane. We were seated close to the front of the plane which I was thankful for because I wanted to get to Chris as fast as possible. I was worried sick about him.

When we were at the designated height of about thirty-five thousand feet, I decided to try and call Ryan and see how Chris was doing. In one of the letters, it said that Ryan had been injured as well, so I assumed that they were in the same hospital.

I picked up my phone and asked Addison for the number. She dialed it in for me and I waited for the line to be picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ryan, it's Nicole. Is Chris there?"

"He is, but he's been under a sedative for about three days now so he's completely out of it"

"How did you know to write me then?" I questioned, slightly confused.

"He told Corey. But of course, Corey didn't know what he was talking about and he figured that I would. So, Corey told me everything he wanted written and I wrote it. Along with a few improvisations of course" I could tell that he winked at the end of this sentence.