Double Date Night

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Double Date Night

Addison and I finished getting ready with about thirty-five minutes to spare. We both had our dresses on and Addison had done both of our makeup. As per usual, Addison looked gorgeous in her crimson red dress. And I have to admit, I looked good as well. She had texted Ryan to see if they were ready to go or not, even though we were a bit early.

" Ugh they haven't even started to get ready yet!" she exclaimed.

"Well, you did leave Ryan alone for like two hours and told him to get ready when he needed to so what did you expect?" I laughed.

"You're right" she chuckled "but still, you'd think he'd be responsible enough to get himself and his buddy dressed after being in the army for three years"

"Yeah I guess. But c'mon, it's Ryan we're talking about. Maybe we should go in and help them. It'll take Ryan forever to get Chris dressed with his shoulder injury. Not to mention the fact that Ryan himself has an injury" I suggested.

"Yeah maybe we should go and rescue them" she laughed.

We stepped out of the bathroom and headed back to the room carrying our change of clothes in hand. When we reached the room, I grabbed the handle and slowly turned it. I pushed open the door and there stood Chris and Ryan looking guilty as ever.

"Sorry Addie" Ryan muttered "we started watching Star Wars and got side tracked and forgot that we had to get ready to go"

"Well we still have a half hour to get you slobs all pretty again" Addison winked.

"Heyyyyy! I'm beautiful and you know it" Chris pouted. He was walking around the room shirtless which wasn't a surprise.

"Pfft whatever. I obviously got all the looks in the family" Addison said while flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night sis" Chris laughed kissing her on the cheek.

"Okay we need to get you two ready to go you're stalling" I said grabbing Chris's good arm and pulling him over to where his suit lay.

"You look stunning" he said, his mouth agape.

"Thanks" I said brushing a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"My pleasure" he said kissing me on the cheek.

He slowly began to take off the sling holding his arm when I stopped him.

"I'll get it" I smiled.

"Thanks" he said as he removed his hand from the Velcro of the sling.

I slowly pulled the straps apart and carefully removed the sling from under his arm. He had a large bandage covering where his wound was.

"Take that off it's bothering me" he said.

"I don't know Chris" I said.

"Please. It'll be fine I promise" he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Alright" I said hesitantly.

I carefully pulled the bandage away revealing his bullet wound. I winced. It didn't look all that nice. I traced my finger around the scar being sure not to hurt him.

"Does it hurt?" I asked him for probably the thousandth time.

"Only if I move my arm. Now stop asking. It's fine"

He picked up the dress shirt and threw it over his left arm, somehow being able to fit his terribly injured arm through the sleeve. He put his right arm into its sleeve with extreme ease. He turned around and looked at me with plea. I sighed and walked over to him and began to button his shirt up.

To my surprise he had already had the slacks on. Maybe Ryan did part of his job after all.

He shrugged on the jacket with surprising ease and began to reach for his shoes. He slipped them on easily but still needed assistance tying the laces.

"I guess I'm gonna have to mother you for the next little while huh?" I said sarcastically.

"You got it darlin" he smiled childishly.

"You guys ready to go?" Addison called from the other side of the room.

"Yep" I said popping the p.

"Let's go then before we're late"

I reached for Chris's sling that was lying on the window sill.

"I'm not gonna wear that" he said, smiling.

"Okay fine, but if you hurt yourself, I'm gonna kill you" I laughed as we headed out the door.

We headed down to the parking lot and began telling the nurses where we were going and that we'd be back soon. They weren't too fond of Chris leaving but reluctantly, they let us go.

The restaurant was close to the hospital so we just decided to walk there. We had good conversation on the way there and I realized how perfect Addison and Ryan are for each other. They balanced each other out. Ryan could be a little reckless and annoying, but Addison definitely mellowed him out.

When we reached the restaurant, we were seated straight away since Addison and Ryan had made reservations early this morning. The restaurant was absolutely gorgeous. There were crystal chandeliers and the whole nine yards. But I guess this was what I should expect from Paris France.

We ate and talked for about four hours or so. The restaurant had closed but they didn't want to be rude and kick us out, so they let us finish our meal. We left at about 11:30 and Chris and Ryan were absolutely wiped out. We brought them back to the hospital and they were asleep as soon as they hit the pillow. I made sure I put Chris's sling and bandage back on so that he doesn't further injure himself in his sleep. Addison and I wanted to have a girl's night so we checked into the hotel we originally were going to stay in yesterday, and ordered dessert since we didn't have any at the restaurant. We ate our cheesecake and ice cream and tried to find a movie to watch. After we found none, we just sat and talked until neither of us could keep our eyes open any longer, which was around three in the morning.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter is so boring everyone! I had no idea what to do. But I was well irritated while writing thanks to Mayas_pet. She discovered that if you read sentences in a book in the wrong order, it sounds extremely wrong. Haha, I will make sure to write the next chapter without her there. And just so you guys know, there will be a time jump in the next chapter. So don't get confused. It takes place about two and a half to three months later.

Keep commenting and voting! I love love love hearing feedback! It means a lot to me.

Happy reading!
Eagle_Eye_13 xx