Picnic

Hey my lovely readers!!

I absolutely love love love this chapter and I hope you do too!!
Love hearing your feedback! And I'm always open to new ideas!
Keep reading and voting!

Happy reading!
Eagle_Eye_13 xx
_______________________________
Chapter Six
Picnic

It was about eleven o'clock when we decided to leave the beach. We walked hand in hand to his jeep and he opened the passenger side door for me. He walked back over to his side and turned the key in the ignition.

When we pulled into my driveway Chris turned to me.

"I had fun tonight Nicole" he smiled.

"I did too" I returned his sweet smile.

He motioned for me to stay put as he climbed out of his seat and made his way toward my side of the truck.

He took my right hand in his and placed his other hand on my left hip. I then felt myself being lifted out of the seat and spun around.

I screamed and laughed as he spun me around time after time.

He set me back into the hard asphalt and gave me a heartfelt kiss goodnight.

I started to walk back to the front door as he began to pull out of the driveway. I stood at the front door with my eyes on his truck until he waved and was out of sight.

I opened the front door and stepped inside my warm house. I closed the door and leaned back unable to get the smile off of my face.

"Someone looks happy!" mum said as she appeared from the kitchen.

"Yeah" I sighed with the smile growing bigger with the thought of everything that happened tonight.

I stood up from the door, locked it, and started up the stairs.

Mum came up to my room about half an hour later.

"Spill" she smiled.

I smiled and laughed at her, then I told her everything about Chris. From his dreamy eyes, to his tours in the military.

"He sounds like a great guy" she smiled.

"He is mum" I grinned cheesily.

She walked out of my room and called,

"If he hurts you, I'm gonna whoop his ass into next year!!"

I laughed at the thought of my mum attempting to beat Chris up.

"ok mum!" I laughed "Whatever you say"

She was so protective of me and I honestly loved it. Plus, I was her only child. How could she not be so protective of me?

Then I heard my phone ring. It was Chris.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baby doll" I heard his sweet southern drawl reply.

"Miss me already?"

"Of course"

"But we saw each other less than an hour ago"

"I know. It felt like forever"

"You're lying"

"Why would you say that?"

"I don't know! No one has ever missed me so much so quickly I guess" I laughed.

"Whatever" he chuckled.

We talked for hours until my phone unexpectedly died. I plugged it in and texted Chris what had happened, but fell asleep before I got an answer.

I dreamt of Chris that night. I dreamt that he had returned to the army and was involved in an explosion. He was in critical condition and it wasn't likely he was going to make it.