Wedding

Chapter Nine
Wedding

The next two weeks went by too quickly for my liking.

Two weeks closer to Chris potentially never coming back to Beckton again.

I shook the thought from my head and resumed getting ready for my cousin Samantha and her fiancée Derrick's wedding.

I had a robe on right now but I had a beautiful coral pink dress sitting on my chaise and half of my hair was in curls.

I finished curling my hair and I started applying some makeup. I didn't like it when girls made their face cakey with makeup. So I stuck with the simple eye liner, mascara, blush and lip gloss.

I went back into my room. Stripped out of my robe and pulled the dress on. It was a floor length dress that was a little too long to wear with flats. So I threw on a pair of nude pumps.
I grabbed a nude coloured clutch purse, put my phone in it, and headed downstairs.

Mum had suggested that I bring Chris as my date to the wedding. And since he was leaving in just a couple weeks, I needed to spend some extra time with him. He said that he would come as my date if he could take me out on a date again tomorrow.

I waltzed down the stairs, happy with how I looked and awaited for Chris to knock.

"Wow honey you look amazing!" mum said as she came down the stairs.

"You don't look too bad yourself" I replied with a smile.

She was wearing a beautiful dark blue dress that fell half way down her calf with a white over the shoulder purse.

She came over and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"So when's Chris coming?" she asked excitedly.

My mum and Chris have met a couple times and she absolutely adores him. How could she not? They get along really well and I couldn't be happier.

"Any minute now" I said laughing a little.

Just as I finished my sentence there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!!" mum said as she ran towards the door.

I stood by and watched as mum flung the door open and immediately gave Chris a big hug, he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before he stepped in.

My breath hitched in my throat when I saw him. He looked amazing.

He was wearing a navy blue suit with a white dress shirt and navy blue tie.

Chris looked around the room before stopping; his eyes glued to me.

"Well don't you look like you walked off of a photo shoot" he said walking towards me. When he reached me, he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"You don't look too bad yourself" I responded.

"Well I think we should get going. The ceremony starts in an hour" mum said.

"Mind if I drive?" Chris asked walking me to the door with his hand on my waist.

"That would be just fine" mum winked.

Mum beat us to the jeep and climbed into the back seat so Chris and I got the front.

He helped me into the seat as per usual and climbed in on his side.

He pulled out of the driveway and mum began to give him directions to the wedding venue.

I was looking out the window admiring the gorgeous day it was when I felt Chris's hand over mine. I turned my hand palm-up and he entwined our fingers together.