chapter two

Author's Note

     Ignore Slenderp.

     The summer sun shone through the window of the school bus. Gwen watched the houses go by, the environment slightly darker because of her sunglasses. The next stop was Toby's house, but Randy (no, not JFK Randy) sat next to Gwen. "Sup, hottie." He said. Gwen growled. Toby just stood there awkwardly. "Y'know, you deserve better than Ticci Toby." Randy said with a seductive smirk. Gwen shot up with anger. "Move!" She yelled as she pushed him out of the seat. Randy scurried into his original seat. Toby blushed and sat down, the bus moving to pick up the next kids. "Why do you have on sunglasses?" He asked. Gwen blushed. "N-no reason..." She said shakily. Toby carefully took off her glasses, revealing her right eye bruised. Toby gasped quietly. "He did this, didn't he?" He asked, referring to William. Gwen put back on her glasses and nodded. She sighed and scooted closer to Toby. Toby wrapped an arm around her neck. Gwen snuggled into his torso. Randy stared at them. "Hey, Ticci!" He shouted. The bus went quiet. "What?" Toby asked quietly. "Stay away from Gwen, creep. She's mine." Randy said. Gwen growled. She wrapped her arms around his waist tightly. "Get off of her, weirdo!" Randy shouted as he punched Toby in the face. Gwen shot up and got in Randy's face. "Get back." She demanded with a dark voice, scaring herself. Toby gently grabbed her wrist. Randy grabbed Gwen by her hair and yanked her away. "Mine." He growled. Gwen buried her teeth into his arm, drawing blood. "Ouch, you bitch!" Randy shouted as he threw a punch. Before it could come in contact with her face, Gwen grabbed his wrist. She harshly twisted it in ways that it shouldn't turn. Randy let out a shriek of pain. Gwen threw an extremely hard punch to his face, knocking him out. The bus driver didn't even care. Gwen sat back down and kissed Toby on his lips.
     He was surprised at first, but kissed back anyways. Gwen giggled when the kiss was over. Toby blushed and stared at his lap for the rest of the ride to school. When they got to school, it just so happened that Toby's locker was destroyed, so he had to get the locker next to Gwen's. Toby smiled. "We're neighbors." He said happily. Gwen laughed. She took out her iPod and played Viva La Vida by Coldplay, one of her favorite bands. She plugged in her earphones and walked into Humanities class. Today was a Friday, so that meant everyone got to do what they wanted in Humanities. A free day, basically. Since she loved to sing, Gwen sang the song out loud.

"I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead long live the king

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world"

     Gwen stopped when she found Toby staring at her. She took out one of her earphones. "What?" She asked. Toby smiled. "You have a beautiful voice, y'know. You shouldn't hide it." He said. Gwen blushed and looked at her lap. Toby tilted her head up by her chin. "Don't be ashamed, either." He said as he stared into her eyes from behind her glasses. Gwen stared into his. She smiled. "I love you..." She whispered. Toby and Gwen touched foreheads. They stayed like that for about five minutes. Gwen giggled. "We gonna kiss or what?" She asked. Toby chuckled and kissed her lips. Gwen instantly kissed back, sneaking her tongue in his mouth. Toby was surprised at first, but sneaked his in her mouth once he got used to it. "Ahem." Lyra said out of nowhere. Toby and Gwen backed away from each other quickly (they should really make each other one word). Lyra was holding papers in her hand. Gwen and Toby blushed. "S-sis, what're y-you doing here?" Toby asked, his shoulder jerking to the left. Lyra smirked. "I came to drop off these papers and see my brother tongue swirling with his 'best friend'." She said. Gwen smirked a tiny bit. "Come over later. My mom really likes you." Lyra said to Gwen before dropping off the papers to Mr. Wong. As she walked out, she ruffled Toby's hair and winked at Gwen. Toby smiled at Gwen who smiled back. "That was cool. The tongue swirling thing." He said. Gwen blushed. "You're just a really good kisser..." She mumbled. Toby smiled in triumph. "I know. Well, I didn't before, but now I do." Toby said. Gwen giggled. "You're really funny." She said. Toby shook his head in doubt. "Nah, I'm just sarcastic. It's one of my special traits." He said. Gwen nodded once. "Sunglasses off, Miss Nichols." Mr. Wong said. Gwen shook her head. "I'd rather not. Just a personal situation..." She said, mumbling the word personal. Toby frowned. He pulled her in for a tight hug. "I'd need to be more protective of you..." He whispered in her ear. Gwen hugged him back, tears threatening to fall.

Two Months Later...

     "Homeschooling? Why?!" Gwen shouted. A single tear fell down his face. "I can't take it anymore. All those names, bullies. It's too much to handle especially with dad drinking more than usual." Toby said, his voice cracking rapidly. Gwen squeezed him tightly. "I'm so sorry, Toby." She said. Toby began sobbing on her shoulder. Gwen cried silently. When Gwen started to rub his back gently, Toby began to sob louder than she ever heard him. Gwen let out a few whimpers as her tears fell faster. Gwen lay him down, letting their heads fall on the pillow. Their sobs began to die down after three more minutes. Gwen called William. "Hey, dad, I'm gonna stay over Toby's house for a couple of days. Is that fine with you?.. Okay, thanks dad, bye." Gwen hung up and cuddled closer to Toby. His eyes were bloodshot while he just stared at her. "I want something from you..." He said quietly. Gwen smiled a little. "Anything." She said. Toby blushed and swallowed the lump in his throat. "I... I want... gosh... I really want... your... virginity..." Toby nervously said, whispering the last part. Gwen blushed and raised an eyebrow. "You want to take my virginity." She repeated. Toby nodded once. "Why?" Gwen asked. Toby smiled a little. "I dunno if I'll be gone tomorrow and never come back. Or the week after that. Or a month. Yadda, yadda. So, I want it now." He said. Gwen smiled and kissed her boyfriend.

□■Time Skip■□

     Gwen set her bag of clothes down in Toby's room. Toby watched. "You've been staring at me since... the nasty happened." Gwen said (the nasty=sex). Toby shrugged and stared at her. "Tell me something negative about myself." Gwen said as she sat next to Toby. He tilted his head at her. "You really want me to?" He asked quietly. Gwen nodded. "You're not clingy enough." He deadpanned. Gwen smiled. "You want me to be clingy?" She asked. Toby nodded. Gwen wrapped her arms around Toby's waist and pulled him close. She frowned. "I can't believe you're being homeschooled..." She said disappointingly. Toby stroked her hair. "I'm sorry." He said. Gwen sighed. "It's all good." She said.

Ou... lled... im...

"Did you say something?" Gwen asked.

"No."

You... ki... h...

"Dude, that's not funny."

"What are you talking about?"

YOU KILLED HIM!

     "Toby!" Gwen yelled as she shot up. Toby flinched in confusion and surprise. "W-what did I do?" Toby asked as his arm jerked to the left. "What the hell do you mean I killed him?!" Gwen shouted. Toby stared at her in confusion. Gwen was about to say something else, but she stopped. Blood began to leak out of her mouth. Toby's eyes widened as he stood up. "G-gwen?" He asked nervously. Gwen's black eye was healing, but not all the way. Gwen started to cry. Toby reached for her, but she jumped back and tripped over a book. "Don't touch me..." She whimpered as she began to shake rapidly. Toby stepped towards her, but Gwen swung the door open and ran into the wall, attempting to run away. It made a loud bang. "Leave me alone!" Gwen shouted as she held her hands up in defense. Toby got frustrated and clenched his fists. Mrs. Rogers came up the stairs. "Is everything..." She trailed off as she saw what she thought Toby had done. "Toby!" Mrs. Rogers shouted. Toby loosened his fists and looked at his mother. "Mom, it's not what it looks like." He said. Mrs. Rogers ran over to Gwen and crouched down to her. "She faces enough abuse at home. Don't bring it here, Toby!" She said as she tried to comfort Gwen. Toby froze. "You think I did this?" He asked quietly. Mrs. Rogers ignored him. Toby turned on his heels and slammed the door after he entered his room. Gwen snapped out of her episode. "Mrs. Rogers, is everything okay?" She asked. "What happened? Why did he hit you?" She asked nervously as she wiped the blood off her Gwen's mouth. "Did who hit me?" Gwen asked. "Toby, why did Toby hit you?!" Mrs. Rogers shouted as a tear fell. Gwen's eyes widened. "He didn't hit me! I know he would never do that. I just saw some creepy dude and I got scared, but I guess it was just a hallucination." She explained. Mrs. Rogers gave her a curious look, but hugged her anyways. "Dear, you need to sleep more. It's getting to you. You should go take a long nap." She said. Gwen nodded and stood up. She brushed off imaginary dirt and walked into Toby's room, gently closing the door.