-*+ 6 +*-

{ - I know it's short, I'm sorry, I just knew I should update! - }

-= Bella =-

"And now, give a warm welcome to Edward Cullen!"

I watched Edward enter through the purple fog and smile awkwardly at the audience. He strode gracefully to the white leather chair and sat down. The camera flashed over to Ellen.

I ate another grape an leaned forward, paying close attention to the television screen.

"Welcome, Edward, it's great to have you," Ellen smiled kindly.

"It's great to be here," Edward replied politely.

"So, we have a lot to talk about today, but lets start with your busy schedule. We hear you'll be doing a new movie called Heartstrings in a few months, who's excited for that?" the audience applauded and whooped while Edward smiled lightly.

"Yes, that's my upcoming project, and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit."

"And why is that?"

"I loved the books, it's one of my favorite series. And, my costar loves the series as well. I can trust everything will work out very well because we both know what's supposed to happen."

"And who is your costar?" Ellen asked, placing her head on her fist, smiling warmly.

"Isabella Swan," he said awkwardly. Had I imagined his glance toward the camera?

"The girl you were on a date with this morning?" Ellen asked, and Edward choked on the water he was sipping. Someone immediately brought him a towel.

"That was not a date," he said, and you could tell he was forcing the smile to stay on his face.

"Then what was it?"

"It was a meet up. A meet up that I do with all of my costars."

"These pictures look more serious than the pictures taken with other costars."

"Isabella isn't like other costars," he mumbled, and Ellen looked at him oddly.

"You say it wasn't a date, but you talk about her like you wanted it to be- "

"Can we talk about something else, please?" he asked, running his hands through his bronze, disheveled hair.

Ellen sighed and then nodded.

"What is Heartstrings about?" she fired off, and Edward sighed. I could tell he wanted to get further away from the topic than that.

"It's a romance, about teenagers in highschool."

"Sounds cliche," Ellen grumbled, miffed, and Edward narrowed his eyes.

"It's much more complex than that, but if I told you anything else, I would give it away," he said slowly, enunciating each syllable. He was trying very hard not to get angry.

"Give it up for Edward Cullen!" Ellen said after a moment of silence, and the audience began to applaud as Edward stalked off stage.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number quickly, pressing call before I realized the camera had followed him backstage. His phone went off as I watched him look at his phone and answer it without a second thought.

"Hello?" he asked, still storming through the backstage crowd.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No, not really," he admitted, turning to face the camera. He held out his hand to block the camera lens, and the camera crew finally got the hint and joined Ellen back on stage. I flicked off the TV.

"I have never seen Ellen be so cruel," I sighed, running my hand through my hair. I smiled as I remembered where I had picked up that habit.

"Can I come over?" Edward asked suddenly, and I froze.

"You want to come to my house?" I asked, "at 10:30 at night?"

"Yes, please," he sighed. I heard his engine start up.

"Um, okay, I guess," I said, the words fumbling awkwardly out of my mouth.

"What's your address?"

"14 Blackburn Court," I said quickly.

"I'm on my way," and the line went dead.

--=+=+=--