Dear Raven,

                We wanted to show you how much we cared for you, so we bought you this, a necklace that came from Paris, very rare though. It's the necklace you've always wanted, to represent your name and who you are. We both miss you very much and we're sorry you have to go through so much pain.

                Kenton called and told me to give this to you only on your twenty-fourth birthday because it's a gift for you, a wedding gift as well as a birthday present. That was his last request and his last words. He called me up when he was dying, and told me to send this to you as soon as I can. Sadly, I won't be able to see you open this because I'll already be gone from cancer. I just wanted you to know that Kenton told me that you should just move on without him, he says that he'll be glad to see you happy from Heaven. And that's what I want to see too.

                Raven, listen to me, and care for your mother. I know I've done wrong to you both, but I still love the both of you like crazy. Don't spend your days angry at her, spend them bonding with her. Also, spend your life like it's the last; Kenton wishes that he spent his days with you and he regrets ever going to war. He loves you very much and don't forget that. Happy birthday sweetheart.

                Sincerely,

                Your father.

            I don't want to cry, it'll ruin my makeup. I don't want to run away, because there is no reason to and there’s nowhere to go. I want to hold this letter and never let go. It's the last thing that was written by my dad, telling me that Kenton and he gave me a gift that I will never forget. Feeling the letter in my hands makes me think of the happiest times I had with my father, before the chaos of "breaking hearts" came too quickly.

            I lay the note on the table very carefully and open the envelope more as it exposes the necklace. I put it around my neck, the touch of it makes a shiver go down my spine. It feels as if I'm still with them, my father and my fiancé.

            A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.

            "Come in," I say while a sigh escapes my mouth.

            The wooden door opens and Jessie's figure stands in the way. Her blonde hair swaying side to side swiftly and her greenish-blue eyes glittering. "Are you ready?" Her eyebrows raise as a tiny smile spreads across her face. "People are starting to show up, so come on down birthday girl." She leaves and I can hear her footsteps going down the stairs.

            I take a good look in the mirror and focus on the necklace as I hold it in my palm on my neck. The pendent is a raven, covered in gold, as beautiful as fire, and diamonds like stars in the sky.

            Like myself, my parents were fans of Edgar Allen Poe, and their favorite poem was The Raven, so they named me after a bird. They were also lovers of the bird as well, how remarkable its creature is. I smile at this and I take a deep breath.

            I stand and go down the stairs, seeing everyone in the living room standing and sitting. We all invited people from our work-place since we didn't want to feel lonely among the four of us. They all smile at me like I'm a princess and they're the townspeople and we're having a ball.            "Who wants to party?" I scream with a smirk upon my lips. I want to be happy today, not wanting to wallow in my depression right now.