Synyster Gates Ch 17

Matt had fallen asleep before Syn started the car, Brittany sat next to him staring out the window looking scared and nervous. I knew her well enough to know that she didn't want to return to her house to get her things and she wanted to be as far from there as possible...I reached back grabbing her hand. She smiled at me. 

"Are you sure we should do this?" Brittany asked letting my hand go.

"Yes, your not going to spend another night in this place." I said turning back around. Syn was watching the road, his face set in a grim line. 

"What if..." Brittany shook her head quickly. There was something she wasn't telling us.

"Brittany if there's something else going on we need to know." I looked at her in the rear view mirror, it was dark and the interior lights gave her an erie glow.

"I-It's nothing..." She looked away as tears gathered in her eyes. "I can buy new clothes, please, let's just get out of here!"

"Tell us what is going on." I said firmly.

"Mark isn't in jail...He never went..."

"What?" I asked shocked. Syn's arm tensed against my hand.

"The officer called in was his half brother. He claimed that it was all me, that I instigated it...that I wanted it..." She was crying now, tears flooding her face. "It was my first offense and Mark didn't press charges so they were just holding me until someone paid my bail. They wanted me to have time to 'cool off'."

"Brittany you have to do something about this." 

She shook her head frantically. "No one believes their related, they called me a lying tramp."

"Fine, were getting you away from here." I glanced at Syn, he was glaring out the window. 

"What if he's there...at the house?" Brittany asked grabbing my arm.

"It will all be fine, we'll get your things and get out of there." I said trying to reassure her...I wasn't so sure myself...

"He won't have a choice, I'll be there to help you."  Syn said turning into the driveway we directed him to. The house was dark and there wasn't a car anywhere to be seen. "Do you have a key?"

"Y-Yes..." We got out and quickly unlocked the door flipping on the lights. The house was wrecked...broken glass littered the floor, the couch and tables were overturned, and the television was smashed in the floor.

"Did you guys do this in the fight?" Syn asked looking around shocked.

"Mostly..." Brittany said timidly...she was anything but timid...

"Let's hurry." I said and we went to their room removing her clothes and other stuff putting it in a black duffel bag. "Is there anything else?"