"I can't." Drew was having a hard time holding back his true desire to remain invisible.

"Oh come on," K.C. sighed as he stooped down, "I barely saw you yesterday at all, it's as if you're avoiding me."

"How can you be so happy," Drew remarked, "I repaid your friendship by creating a huge rift between the two of you."

"Between who?" asked K.C. curiously.

"Jenna," Drew responded as though it was the most obvious answer.

"Oh, her," K.C. sighed once more but in an angry huff and then he suddenly became relaxed once more, "Actually, you did me a favour."

"How?"

"I've got Marisol now, couldn't have happened without you."

"But Jenna hates your guts now -" Drew acknowledged and in a whispered tone he added, "And she broke up with me the night of the dance."

"That's harsh. At the dance you planned."

"To get the two of you apart," Drew filled in the blanks.

"What?" asked K.C. confused.

"I rigged the valentine's match up so you would wind up with Jenna's arch nemesis," blurted Drew.

"So Jenna was right," K.C. realised.

"I'm sorry, I really am," admitted Drew as he watched his friend's twisted expression.

"I guess I'm the sorry one," K.C. continued thoughtfully, "If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have to be licking your wounds right now."

"I don't understand."

"Apparently she still has a thing for me, all the while I was trying to bring the two of you together."

Drew nodded with a huff, "That explains a lot." He shook his head, "So there wasn't really anything between us then. Oh man, this sucks!" He held his head back against the car seat trying to understand how he had gotten himself in his current position. The girl he really liked all the while really liked his best friend.

"You're right," K.C. answered determinedly, "And I'm going to set her straight, once and for all."

!-0_0-!

               "I didn't see you in History this morning, Clare Bear," Jenna greeted Clare with a huge smile, "Not ditching again, are you? Aren't things cool between you and baby daddy?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Clare not looking bemused. She was headed to her locker soon after the lunch period.

"The baby, Clare," Jenna became serious with her, forcing her friend towards her face to face, "I saw him again this morning and now that I know, I could have sworn I saw Eli for a minute. He even has his green eyes, how cute!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Clare was emotionless as she spoke and she forced her hand out of Jenna's, "We'll talk later, 'kay." She forced a smile and quickly made off in the opposite direction.

Jenna was ready to go after her in hot pursuit but she was held by a firm grip on her hand by K.C. She turned to face him with a very annoyed look. 

"I need to talk to you in private," K.C. alerted.

"I can't," She responded stiffly, "Lunch's finish. I have class."

K.C. gave her a long, wide-eyed stare hoping to break the ice.

"Alright." She finally gave in.

The two drifted over to a wooden seat not too far away.

There was a slight pause before K.C. started, "I know when we broke up it was..."