The Introductions

A/N Things have changed in the MCU since I started this story after iron man 3... however I'm not going to take the time to change with it too much soo if you notice things are odd (I.e. Toni thinking Clint and Natasha are together, oor adding extra character like Wanda, and vision and ant man and the like, or if you've seen the new cap civil war there are even more) try to just sweep it under the rug haha, you can usually match it up with a point in the MCU timeline unless it's dorky family stuff by yours truly, or post civil war because I'm currently 24 chapters in so I can't fix everything that movie changed haha. Anywho. Please enjoy.

Date: 3/10/29

I'm Toni. My mom is Virginia (but she goes by Pepper her middle name). And my Dad is Tony, well Anthony. Anthony Stark, more commonly referred to as Iron Man... Yep Iron Man has a daughter. Okay so I was a BIG surprise to them both. Dad still loves to party, but he's managed to tone it down for my sanity, mostly he keeps the parties in New York and me in other states.

I inherited my mom's eyes, and dad's hair. Growing up the music in the house was usually rock, so that's what I still listen to. Oldies but goodies like AC/DC and Black Sabbath were staples in my ever growing collection of vinyl.

I would LOVE for Dad to have built me my own suit, or I would've been happy to do it myself since I could! He taught me little about the process. But I learned far more than what he begrudgingly taught me. But, no. I guess a suit is just too special for me to have.

We were living in Hawaii when my life started to drastically change, but I knew the next year we would be somewhere different. S.H.I.E.L.D. always knew where we were--there's really no way around that--but Dad tried to keep other interested parties off our tail, or more realistically the suits' tail, by moving us regularly.

Anyway, I didn't know how to prove to my dad that I was worthy of a suit because the world was been pretty peaceful at the time, minus a few human wars. And I didn't know how or if I even should interfere with those. Without a suit I could've died easily, I'm no soldier, and I'm certainly not a spy. I thought of asking my Aunt Tasha next time I saw her if she would train me in anything. I wanted to be better than I was, and she started way younger than me. I was sure she'd side with me. Only problem was I didn't know how to get in touch with her, my S.H.I.E.L.D buddies just showed up sometimes. I may be able to build a suit, and I was fairly good at computer hacking, but I would never find Tasha if I tried. So, I waited until the next time I saw her.

I'd met everyone from the team--the Avengers that is--they we're the only family and friends I had outside of the house most of my life.

Thor was the loud uncle who couldn't always come to birthday parties but when he did, oh boy, he made up for it with piggy back rides and the grandest of gifts.

Bruce was basically the opposite of Thor. He was quiet, but he was always there with a hug and a smile. Besides Clint, Bruce was the one I'd cry to the most about life.

Tasha, whenever I did get to see her, was the one I'd ask for advice when I wanted someone who would tell me to toughen up, in a nice way. She'd taught me basics in self defence.

Steve was great to be around, he had enough fights with my dad to know how annoying he could be. So he was good to run to when I was sick of Dad's bull shit. And run I did, a lot.

I could go on forever about the rest of the avengers, and forever times two when I add all my S.H.I.E.L.D.ies. But to cover the biggest, most annoying person in S.H.I.E.L.D., let's talk about Fury. I'd only met him once. I was seven and he scared the crap outta me. All around a nightmare.

A guy randomly walked into my kitchen wearing an eye patch--I know sounds like the beginning of a bad joke but wait a sec--when neither of my parents were home, sat down at the table like he belonged there and asked if he could have a slice of my orange...what did I do? Jumped up and ran like HELL til I found my dad, who basically threw a fit when i entered the lab a few blocks away. He was welding at the time, and didn't want me anywhere near the dangerous tools, until he saw who'd followed me stood in the door way with a smug look.

"Fury. God dammit, why did you have to scare her to death?" he asked as I clung to him.

"I knew you'd tell her where you'd be."

"Don't act like you didn't already know. Why didn't you come here?"

"I did come here."

"Straight here."

Fury smiled. "What fun would that be?" He walked down the steps into the workshop.

"Dick."

He raised an eyebrow. "You let her hear that language?"

"I don't need parenting lessons, Fury." Dad lifted me from the ground.

"We need to talk."

"What this isn't just a personal visit...?" Dad had said rolling his eyes. "What do you want, Nicky?"

"There's been a disturbance."

At that time Dad walked me back to the house then left again with Fury. He'd left the next day, and hadn't come back for a month, when he got back he told me what they'd been doing. S.H.I.E.L.D. had apparently been doing a routine check in on all the Avengers to see if they would react if needed, and Fury wanted to meet the newest Stark--me. Seven years late but whatever.

If I never saw that man again in my life it will be too soon.