Chapter 25

Kian and I get home from another day at school, and Kian says he has to go somewhere quick. "Don't worry, Jc is here." Kian says and kisses my forehead before leaving.

"Don't be too long." I say smiling and blushing.

"I won't." He says turning and leaving the house. I walk around heading to Jc's room. I get to it and knock on the door.

He doesn't respond, so he must not be in there. I turn and head to the back door to see if he is outside, which he is. I step outside, and he looks at me smiling. "Hey Parker! Where is Kian?"

"He had to go somewhere." I say sitting next to him on the couch out here.

"Do you know what today is?" He asks me curiously.

"September first. Why?" I ask looking at him confused.

"It's Kian's birthday tomorrow." He says like it's a no brainer. I look at him with wide eyes.

"Why didn't anyone tell me!" I nearly shout. I feel like such a bad friend. How could I not know that.

"Yeah, we were going to have a party tomorrow." Jc says. I sink lower into the couch crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh... I'll just ask Alex if I can stay over." I sigh.

"Parker that's not why I told you." He says upset. I look at him and see guilt in his eyes.

"Jc, that's not my crowd. I'm fine by it, and Alex won't mind." I say giving him a somewhat forced smile. He smiles back as Kian comes back in.

"What are you two talking about?" He asks sitting down on the ground.

"Nothing much. Parker is staying over Alex's tomorrow." Jc says. Kian goes stiff.

"Don't worry." I say smiling at him. "It'll be fine." I assure him.

"Why are you going?" Kian asks.

"He wants to hang out." I simply say.

----

"So, welcome to my home." Alex says smiling gesturing with his arm. I laugh at him, and he hugs me as I try and make my way in his house. He takes my bag as he pulls away.

His home is designer and has pictures of him and his family all over. It doesn't have that home like feel to it though. "Just ignore my sister. We will try to stay away from her, but no promises." He says closing the door.

"Where are your parents?" I ask softly. I look at him, and he shrugs carrying my bag up the stairs, so I follow.

"Work. They don't come home until late, so it's just us." He says. That makes me stop freezing in my footsteps. I feel myself start to freak out, and Alex looks over at me catching me not following him. "Are you okay, Parker?" He asks.

I just nod my head taking a deep breath and follow him. I follow him to his room, which is like any typical guy room. It is a little cleaner than Kian's, but not by much. "You can sleep on my bed, and I'll take the floor." He says placing my bag by the bathroom door.

"Are you sure?" I question feeling guilty.

"Yes, I don't mind." He says reassuringly as I meet his eyes. There is a knock at his bedroom door, and we look to see a younger girl. She looks about 12, and a lot like Alex. She looks at me and her eyes go wide.

"Hey Suzie, what do you want?" Alex asks annoyance clear in his voice.

"It's her." She whispers. I look at Alex raising my eyebrows. He goes pale and stiff as his eyes go wide. "You're the girl with him." She accuses. I look around and realize she could only be talking about me.

"What?" I ask in a whisper. She glares at me.

"Kian can do so much better. You don't deserve him, or to even be around him." She says anger in her voice. I step back towards Alex feeling myself start to shut down.

"Stop." He says in a strong voice. "You know he wouldn't like you if you acted like that to Parker." He says.

"You've met him!" She shrieks. Alex picks her up and carriers her out of the room and down the hall. He comes back in shutting the door.

"I'm sorry about her." He apologizes. I nod my head sitting on his bed. Am I not good enough? "I know what you're thinking, but don't think like that." Alex says squatting down in front of me. He looks me in the eyes grabbing my hands. "Don't let her words get to you."

"You don't get it." I say shakily.

"Oh, but I do. I was bullied so bad before I moved here. It got to the point where I started cutting myself. I even tried killing myself." He says not looking at me at the end. "My sister cried for me for a long time, and I realized she needed me... And still does. We moved and things got better. I got better, and I promised I wouldn't do it again."

"I'm sorry." I whisper and hug him tight.

"Why are you sorry? Parker, you didn't do anything." He says hugging me back.

"Thank you." I whisper in his ear. After a few minuets of composing ourselves, me composing myself, we headed down stairs. We walked into the kitchen for some food. Alex excused himself to use the bathroom, so I was left alone.

"I don't get what they see in you. I just see a broken girl who can't be fixed. You don't have the right figure for Kian either. I can't believe he went to some fat broken pathetic girl." I hear his sister say. I turn and see her with her arms crossed leaning on the wall.

I know I'm not skinny like a twig, or fat. What does she mean, am I not thin enough for him?

"You need a make over... Just look at your hair." She says disgusted. I look to the ground feeling tears sting my eyes. Just as she disappears Alex returns smiling... Until he sees me.

"Suize get over here!" He shouts leaving to go find her. I lean against the island and sink to the ground. I hug my knees to my chest and cry softly. She is probably right about it all. I feel arms wrap around me, but I don't get that safe feeling as if it were Kian.

I take out my phone needing to text Kian.

To Kian:

Hey, how are things?"

To Parker:

Good. Are you okay?

To Kian:

Yeah, why wouldn't I be.

I lie to him as more tears leak from my eyes.

To Parker:

You wouldn't be texting me if you were okay.

To Kian:

I just wanted to let you know I made it safely to Alex's house.

To Parker:

Okay. Be safe and have fun. See you soon.😘

I smile from his text and wipe my tears. I look up to Alex, who gives me a small smile. "Are you okay?" He asks gently.

"Yeah." I lie. We get up, and I put a fake happy face on. Luckily he doesn't notice, and I feel a little relief from that.
__________________________
Hope you liked it. Please let me know what you think.

Don't forget to comment and vote.