Chapter 7

He opens the door to his house, and we walk in. I feel nervous I'm worried about meeting Ricky. Kian looks at me giving me a reassuring smile. "Come on let's go outside." He says, taking my hand pulling me behind him.

We go through the sliding glass door, and I see two guys. One of the guys are in the pool who I recognize as Jc, and the other guy is just lounging on their phone. "Hey guys." Kian says, still pulling me along.

"Hey Parker." Jc calls to me from the pool. I smile and wave at him.

"Ricky, get your ass over here." Kian says as I move a little closer to him feeling scared. Then, Ricky comes up smiling at me. He is tall and has brown hair. "Ricky this is Parker, Parker this is Ricky."

"Hi." He says, and I just smile. He looks at me confused, and I look at Jc who is hopping out of the pool.

I look back to him. Seeing that he is still watching me, I glance at Kian. Kian clears his throat, and Ricky runs a hand through his hair. "Sorry for staring." He says. I shrug as I move closer to Kian moving so I am kind of behind him.

"Ricky, Parker doesn't talk." Kian says, but tries to keep it lightly. Ricky looks at me sympathetically, and I lean my head against Kian's shoulder.

"Sorry Parker." Ricky says again.

"Hey Parker, it's nice to see you again." Jc says as he reaches us. I quickly wave at him sending a small smile his way. He gives he a big smile back, and that makes my smile grow.

"So how long have you known each other? I mean I'm not guessing long since Kian hasn't stopped talk-" Ricky was cut off by Jc elbowing him, and Kian glaring at him.

"Well when I went to go see Nancy knowing she came back. When I went there Nancy was out, but Parker was there." Kian says, and Ricky just nods his head. So far I don't like him, and I think he is judging me. He keeps glancing me, and I find it very frightening.

I don't have anxiety though, but it makes me uncomfortable. Jc clears his throat, and I look over at him as Kian moves his arm around my waist keeping me next to him.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Jc asks everyone. I just look at Kian wondering what he had in mind.

"I was going to play 20 questions with Parker, but I wanted her to meet Ricky first." Kian says, and everyone looks at him, including me shocked. "What?" He questions.

"Kian, she doesn't talk." Jc says. I snap my head in his direction.

"Your point?" He says. The guys just shrugs, and Kian just pulls me back into the house. He took me up some stairs and into a room. He opens the door and a yellow lab puppy runs out jumping up on Kian, only getting to his knee.

At first I jumped but then I bent down and she licks my face. "This is Hazel, she's my dog." He says smiling. He leads me in his room and let's go of my hand. "You can sit on the bed." He offers, and I do.

His room was a typical guys' room. It was kind of messy, but not too bad. "Okay so I'm going to ask you questions, and you can just type your answer." I nod my head taking out my phone.

"What's your favorite color?" I type on my phone and show him.

It would have to be a tie between yellow and blue.

"What is your favorite thing to do?"

Um... I don't have one, I never really do anything.

That made him frown a little. "What is your favorite thing to eat?"

It depends, but I love pasta and pizza.

"What do you do in your free time?" I don't want to answer knowing it will make him sad. "You can tell me." He reassured.

I try to keep busy watching tv or reading, but I just end up crying most of the time.

As I predicted he frowned at that. He seems really upset and that makes a tear fall from my eye. "Don't cry... smile." I try and he smiles at me. "What's your favorite animal?"

A lion

"What's you'd favorite movie?"

The fault in our stars

"Why?"

Is that another question?

He nods his head chuckling to himself.

It shows not everyone gets a happy ending.

"How long have you not spoken for?"

Four years

He gasps "Why?" That's when I shut down, and he notices. "Never mind you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He says putting a hand on mine. I look in his eyes as another tear rolls down my cheek. "Why did you come down here with Nancy?"

For some help, group therapy, and to get away from the bad memories. But it's so hard to...I can't forget.

That makes him frown again. "Was that why you were crying yesterday, and this morning?" I nod my head, and he gives me a small smile.

It's just hard... the littlest things shut me down. So I'm sorry if I ever push you away.

"We will get through this." He says. Wait did he just say we? Kian hugs me, and I find myself hugging him back. I sigh with the feeling of being content.

For once in four years I feel content, and kind of happy. Will I stay this way, who knows.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it. Isn't he so sweet, he said we.

I should be going to bed, but I wanted to give you guys this.