Chapter 19

We walk into school, and Kian has his arm around my shoulders. I try to ignore the looks people are giving us. I look up at Kian when we stop at our locker. "Everyone is staring." I whisper to him. He looks around before meeting my eyes, and shrugs.

"Parker, don't let them get to you. I know it's hard to do, but you have to show them they don't bother you." He says getting the locker open. I grab my book from my locker, and lean against the one next to it.

"Hey, mute girl!" Someone shouts out for my attention. I look over at the girl who is holding in a laugh. "You know you're wearing a guy's shirt." She laughs. Her friends snicker.

"Hey, don't you have anything better to do." Kian sticks up for me.

"Why do you even hang out with her?" The girl asks sneering at the end.

"Well, she is nothing like the bitch you are. She unlike you doesn't judge people." He says slamming the locker shut. He wraps his arm around my shoulders as we walk away.

"Thank you." I say looking up to him. He looks down at me smiling.

"Like I said before I'm not going to let them hurt you in anyway." He says. I smile as we get to first period. We walk in and the girls look at me.

"You little-" The one from lunch mutters standing up. She walks over towards us with her friend behind her. "Hi." She chimes smiling at Kian. "Can we just borrow her for a moment?" She asks him.

Kian and I look at each other, then back to her. "Um..." She looks hopeful that she can talk to me. "No, sorry. You can only talk to her if you know her name." He says. The girls look at each other with thoughtful expressions.

"That's what I thought." Kian says putting his arm around me leading me to our seats. I smile up at Kian.

"Thank you." He smiles at me.

"Hey, that's what I'm here for." Kian chuckles. The bell the rings signaling class to start.

----

We sit across each other at our table laughing. Kian was doing the crab face eating his sandwich. "How come you don't do that face in your videos anymore?" I ask him. He just shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know. Do you think Nancy will let me spend the night?" He asks.

"I think she would... Why?"

"Good. We will stop at my house before we go to yours." He says.

"Okay... um about that..." I trail off.

"What? Did you sleep alright?" I nod my head blushing. Remembering how I woke up my heart rate starts to speed up. "Why are you blushing?" He asks amusement in his voice.

"Um... we slept in the same bed, and..."He starts laughing.

"And I wasn't wearing a shirt." He finishes. I nod my head blushing more. "Don't worry Parker. You were crying in your sleep and told me not to leave, so I stayed." He says.

"Really?" I ask not realizing that happened. He nods his head. "Ricky came in your room when you were in the shower last night." I say looking down remembering the conversation.

"What did he say?" Kian asks confused.

"That I shouldn't be around you... that you can do so much better." I say feeling the need to shut down.

"Don't listen to him. Parker, look at me." He says. I don't look at him, and he gets up. I know he is gone, but I feel arms wrap around me. "Don't shut down on me Parker." He says. "Don't listen to what Ricky says."

"Kian... maybe he's right?" I whisper.

"No, Parker he is wrong. Don't you notice how well you are doing now?" I look at him confused.

"Am I just a project to you?" I ask afraid of his response.

"Hell no. Parker, that's not what I was saying." He says looking at me shocked. "Why would you be a project to me?" He asks.

"I don't know. I just trust you, and don't want to be wrong about it." I say leaning into him. He kisses my head tightening his grip on me.

"Parker, you must not know me then." He breathes. "We should eat now... before lunch ends."

"I'm not hungry." I simply say. I push my food away. I'm still upset about the whole Ricky conversation.

"Parker." Kian says as if I was a child. I huff as he pulls my lunch back to where it was. "Now eat it." He orders, nicely. I roll my eyes, but eat my sandwich.

"Happy?" I ask with my mouth full of food. Kian laughs at me rolling his eyes.

"Very." He says reaching to grab his sandwich. The bell rings before he can take a bite. I hear him swear under his breath as he stands up. "Alright, let's get this class over with." He sighs.

"Yeah, let's hurry we don't want to be late." I say sarcastically.

"Come on." He says grabbing our backpacks. We threw away our sandwiches before we head to our class.

"Do we have to?" I pout. He looks at me shaking his head.

"Yes, I may have skipped out most of my high school days, but I'm not letting you." He says taking my hand. I stop walking not wanting to go. "Parker, come on. It's just one more class, and we don't want to be late." He says tiredly.

"I don't know why I'm against you on this, but come on. I will carry you if you don't move." He warns, but I stay still. "You asked for it." Kian mutters coming to my side. He lifts me putting me over his shoulder.

"Kian! Put me down." I laugh as he starts walking to class. He walks all the way getting attention from everyone as I bang on his back to be put down. The bell rings before we get to class.

When we walk in, well Kian carrying me, everyone stares. Some took pictures, and I tried to hide my blushing face. Kian puts me down looking at the stunned teacher.

"Sorry, someone over here wasn't coming." He says pointing to me. I look at him with my mouth open.

"Are you kidding!" I whisper yell at him. Everyone gasps and whispers to each other.

"She spoke."

"I thought she couldn't talk."

"Why is she talking?"

"How did he get her to talk?"

"Hey, we can here you." Kian says to everyone. They all stop and just look at us confused.

"Now, if you two will take your seats." The teacher says, and we do. Everyone watches us make our way to our seats in the back. When Mr. Grey clears his throat everyone focuses on the front of the room. I look, glare, at Kian. He looks at me and tries not to laugh.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it. I really enjoyed writing this chapter, he is so good for her.

Don't forget to comment and vote to show me you like it, and for faster updates.