Chapter 2

Nancy picked me up early this morning, so I woke up at two. We arrived at the airport at four and our flight was at five.

We were going away, but the catch was I had to go to this building everyday. There I would meet others my age with problems of their own. It was like a big therapy group thing. I agreed to it only because Nancy was coming and thought it could be good.

"Parker thank you for coming. I forgot to tell you because you were upset. I really care about you Parker, so I thought we could travel together and live somewhere for a year." That's right, I was getting away from my so called family I had, for a year with Nancy. I was actually happy about it, and it didn't take long for me to pack. I never owned a lot of stuff... everything brought back memories I didn't want to think about.

"Thank you." I say quietly and she gives me a smile.

"If everything goes well we can stay longer... only if you want." I smile at her.

We board the plane and take our seats. I sat window seat and Nancy sat in the other end seat to give me some space. I put on headphones and play my music putting a pice a gum in my mouth for take off.

----

"Parker that little house right there is ours." She says pointing to a small cottage by the water. I feel a smile grow in my face as we pull up the driveway. I get out and just take in the view.

It was absolutely breathtaking. It had a little porch in front. It was perfect my family would have liked it. I go around to help unpack the car with Nancy and follow her inside the cute place, that I will call home for a year.

I walk in and everything about the inside screams home. It makes me smile, and I carry my bags to my room. I walk up the stairs and see three doors.

"The one in the middle is a bathroom your room is on the right." Nancy says bringing her bags to her room. I look at her wondering how she knew all that, does she own the place. She looks at me and smiles. "This is my little get away house, I've had it for a few years." I nod my head and open the door to my room.

The walls were painted a light blue and one was gray. there was a full bed. There was a dresser and a desk also in the room. The bed was already made with pretty sheets. I walk in and flop on my bed. Maybe things will be different here... not that I will talk, but try and enjoy life rather than hoping for it to end.

"Parker what do you want for dinner? We could go out or order in?" Nancy asks popping in my room. I look up at her and she gives me a small smile. "Please you need to eat, if I have to I will treat you like a kid." I smile at that and she smiles bigger.

"Pizza." I say softly smiling. She smiles and comes in the room.

"Do you like it, if you want we can paint it." I shake my head and lay back on the bed.

"I like it." I say softly.

----

I wake up in my comfortable new bed. I sit up and smell scones, so I hop out of bed hurrying to get downstairs. Nancy was taking chocolate chip scones out of the oven when I walk in. She turns around and smiles at me.

"Good morning. Today you have to go to your first group session, but not until five. Today is the late one." I nod my head taking a scone and sitting at the island to eat it. I missed food I really do, that might seem weird coming from me since I didn't eat before.

I just was so done, and every time I bounce back because somehow Nancy brings me back. When I get to a really low point I just stop eating hoping I will just starve to death, but it doesn't work.

"I have to go grocery shopping do you want to come?" I shake my head finishing up the scone. I turn to go get ready for the day, and run up the stairs. I put on jeans and a tee shirt, a tee shirt I got from my school. I put my long brown hair in a side braid and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I rinse my mouth and there is a knock on the front door. I hurry down and open it... only to see a tall guy with some tattoos on one arm with another small one on the other, and his ears were pierced along with his nose . His hair was blond and he had on dark jeans that had holes in the knees with a white tee shirt that says, NYC New York City. The short sleeves were cuffed up at least two rolls. He looks at me confused, but gives me a smirk. I realize he caught me staring and my cheeks grow hot, and probably blushing bright red.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it. So He was there at the end.

That was her room on the side, or up top.