Chapter 17

Parker's point of view:

I walk into school with Kian by my side. Everyone is staring at us as we walk to my locker. Kian decided we will just share mine, and somehow persuaded the office people to give him the same schedule as me. I'm not complaining one bit, I know Kian will stick up for me.

I get to the locker, and open it taking out one of my books. "How does it feel to be back in school?" I ask. It feels good to actually be talking.

"It sucks, but if it helps you I don't mind." Kian smirks. I shut my locker, and we walk to first period. We walk in with Kian taking the seat next to mine.

The warning bell rings causing most of the kids to come into the classroom. Some girls come in spotting Kian, and squeal. "Shit." He mutters. I look to him confused as the girls come up to him.

"Oh my god Kian, is it really you?" One questions in a squeal. He nods his head, not seeming too happy.

"Can you just treat me like a normal student? I don't want all the attention when I am trying to learn." Kian says calmly. The girls frown nodding their heads before they walk to their seats.

"Wow, they actually listened." I whisper to him. Kian chuckles as the bell rings.

----

"What table are we sitting at?" Kian asks me as we enter the lunch room.

"The empty one in the corner over there." I say nodding my head towards it. We walk there in silence sitting across from each other once we get there.

"I have to go get a drink from the vending machine, do you want to come?" He asks. I look over to the vending machines, and see that kid Sam.

"No, I feel safer here." I say. He nods his head getting up. As soon as he leaves the two girls from our first class walk over. I look at them confused.

"Hey mute, stay away from him." One of the girls say. I look towards Kian as he just reaches the vending machine.

"Yes him, you idiot." The other one says.

"Just stay away from him. He is mine. Why would he want some mute freak like you." The first one says. I look at her then her friend.

"So stay away, and if you don't you better watch your back." She threatens, and they walk away. Kian comes back a minute later sitting across from me putting a water bottle on the table. I look down not bothering to take my lunch out.

"Parker what's wrong?" He asks. I feel a tear escape my eye. He reaches his hand over and grabs mine. "Parker what's wrong?" He asks again. I look up meeting his concerned eyes.

"The girls told me to..." I trail off looking down. He takes my other hand in his open one.

"Parker, what ever they said don't listen to them. They are just jealous of you, for being with me. No one is as important to me as you are, so I'm not leaving you for them. They can figure that out on their own." He says, and I look back into his eyes blushing slightly.

"But Kian, they said I would have to watch my back if I didn't leave you alone." I say, my voice shaking. He looks at me then towards the girls.

"I won't let them hurt you. Plus they aren't my type." He smirks. I blush more as he starts leaning over the table. He looks over at them again, and looks back at me with his eyes glancing to my lips. Next thing I know I lean in too, and are lips meet.

It wasn't a long one, but still full of passion. I close my eyes feeling the fireworks, and seeing them go off all over. He pulls back too soon, but is smiling widely. I feel myself grinning too, until I see the girls glaring at me, but I don't let it bother me. The feeling of his lips still lingering on my lips.

"Now come on let's eat before the bell rings." He says taking his lunch out.

----

We get home, and I drop my backpack next to the island in the kitchen. I look at Kian as he just watches me doing the same. I suddenly feel self-conscious, and turn away. I hear Kian chuckle as he wraps his arm around my waist.

He turns me around planting his lips on mine. I gasp from surprise, but that gives him the opportunity to slide his tongue in my mouth. I close my eyes as my hands grab his hair. His arm around my waist tightens, and his free hand slides through my hair. Our lips move perfectly together, like they were made for each other.

There is a knock at the door causing us to jump back. Kian runs a hand through his hair as he heads to the door. Our relationship right now is so confusing. We are friends, best friends, but now their are kisses. I just want him to be mine, so to speak. I don't know where our relationship is headed, but I'm hoping he will ask me out. Which is big coming from me, who has never had a relationship.

Kian comes back with Jc. "Parker!" Jc shouts running to hug me. He picks me up, and spins me around. I laugh as Kian watches our movements. "How was school?" I take out my phone to type because I still haven't spoken to him yet.

Good.

"That's good. Kian, how was school for you?" Jc asks turning to Kian.

"Let's not talk about it." Kian says walking over to us.

"So, anyone up for penny boarding?" Jc asks. I look at him rolling my eyes. Kian looks at me and I meet his eyes.

"No, not today. We have homework to do." Kian answers looking back to Jc. Jc frowns running a hand through his hair.

Jc you need a hair cut

I write, and show him. He laughs reading it. "Yeah, but I kind of like it. It's not even that long." My phone lights up getting a text, and it's from Nancy.

"Kian, Nancy isn't coming home until late." I whisper to Kian. He looks at me nodding his head.

"Want to come to our place?" He asks. I nod my head, and grab my backpack. "Jc we will meet you at our house, okay."

"Okay." Jc says. "I'll see you in a few." He says, and heads out the door. I look to Kian smiling, and he smiles back at me.

"Don't be nervous this time." He teases.

"I'll try. I'm just happy tomorrow is Friday." I say, heading to the door. Kian follows me grabbing his backpack.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment for faster updates, and to show me you love the story.