Chapter 9

I tried to look nice for Kian even if that meant looking nice for the therapy group. He said he would pick me up, and I somehow agreed to it. I'm sitting watching everyone do the exercise that the guy asked us to do. I'm not doing it though and he is okay with that because I came.

I told Nancy I would try again with this group and she was proud of me. "Alright everyone time is up. I'll see you all next time." The guy says, and we all rush out. I walk out spotting Kian's car, and walk right to it. He hops out to meet me, and he gives me a hug.

I return the hug without hesitation. "I'm so happy to see you." He says into my hair. I hug him tighter to show I feel the same. We pull apart and he takes my hand intertwining our fingers. "Where do you want to go?" He questions, and I reach with my empty hand to my back pocket to take out my phone.

My house, Nancy had to go somewhere.

I watch his face and the corner of his lips turn up. "Inviting." He smirks, and I hit his chest playfully. He just laughs starting the car and heading to the house.

I open the door to the house and let him in. We sit in the family room and turn to face each other on the couch. "Parker I'm sorry, for yesterday." He says and I just look at him giving him a small smile. I hug him showing him he is forgiven. "Quick question, how did you get my number?" He says when I let go. I take out my phone and type it in.

Jc

He just shakes his head. "Of course, but wait when?" I wasn't sure if Jc would be mad if I told him, or how Kian would react. I'm not going to lie to him, so I type on my phone.

He came over last night shortly after I got home.

"Really, that's why he wasn't there when I got home?" I nod my head answering him. "Hey want to do something fun?" I give him a concerning look, and he smirks at me. The smirk sends butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I've only known him for barely even three days and I think I'm starting to like him.

"Let's go on a walk." He suggests, and I just raise an eyebrow at him. "What?" I roll my eyes. "Come on let's make these last few weeks of summer last." He says standing up. I nod my head and he takes my hand pulling me outside. The sun was hot and I give Kian a look, but he only laughs.

"Hey it's not so bad." I roll my eyes as he pulls me towards the sidewalk. He intertwines our hands as we walk, which I enjoy. We walk down to a little park and sit on a bench. "See its not bad." He says smiling. I roll my eyes at him.

It's at moments like this when I wish it didn't take that much to talk. Trusting is hard for me, but when it's with Kian I feel bad I can't talk. Like right now. I don't want to awkwardly take my phone out to talk to him, but it's not like I fully trust him either.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, and I look up to him to see him looking at me. I take my phone out and type on it.

That I can't talk, and it ruins the moment.

He reads it and laughs. "It doesn't ruin the moment. I get it's hard to trust me, but soon I know you will talk to me." He says. I raise a eyebrow at him.

"I just mean... that..." He trails off, and I laugh at his nervousness. "You have a cute laugh." He says in almost a whisper, as if it were meant for only him to hear. I smile blushing, and look away as a kid goes down the play scape slide.

"You know you can trust me right?" He asks.

Eventually probably, but right now you're staring to earn it. Which is strange it took Nancy months.

He smiles a little probably realizing he's special with it. I look in his eyes so bright with happiness that it makes me smile wide. We have a special relationship that I know can only grow.

----

We get back and Nancy is there making dinner. "Hey kids, oh Kian do you want to stay for dinner?" She asks not even turning around.

"Sure." He says smiling. We stand there him rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. We held hands the whole way back, and that makes me happy.

I like knowing he doesn't want to me be left alone. "Alright, Kian set the table, and Parker go get drinks for everyone." She says, and we do letting our hands go.

I frown slightly from the loss of his touch, but go and get us something to drink from the garage. I come back in hands full and hear them talking so I stop.

"Kian, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"To get her to write, and to not want to sit alone and starve." There was a slight pause.

"She starves herself?" He asks.

"When things get really bad, yes." I had enough so I walk in and go to put the drinks in the table. "Dinner is ready." Nancy says taking it out the oven and bringing to the table. I sit across from Nancy and Kian sits next to me.

He hasn't said anything, so I look at him meeting his eyes. They aren't as bright, but he gives me a smile. I can tell he's upset. How can that make him so upset?

I look at the food on my plate, and push it around with my fork. I wasn't in the mood for food. I don't want him to feel bad. I feel him watching me, but I don't care. "Parker, please eat. I can see you are just pushing it around." Kian says. I look at him, and he seemed very upset.

"Parker please." He begs. I pick up a fork full and eat it. Moaning slightly from the delicious taste that entered my mouth. I see Kian smile at me laughing a little. With in minuets my plate was empty, and Kian was still finishing.

"Thank you." I hear Nancy whisper over my chewing. Hey I was going to eat, but making him upset...

"Hey Parker, do you want to go out with me and Jc? We were going to meet for frozen yogurt." Kian asks, and I shake my head.

He looks a little upset, but hides it well. He gets up and puts his plate in the sink. "Well I have to go. Thank you for dinner, and thanks for hanging out with me Parker." He says smiling at us. I smile back and he walks out. I turn and look at Nancy, and she was smiling watching me.

"Are you starting to like this boy?" She questions.

"No." I quickly decline my cheeks heating up. I can't believe she would think that. I mean I don't think I like him... like that anyway.

"Okay whatever you say." She says as if I was lying. I sigh and get up putting my plate in the sink before running to my room.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it.

Today I am making a goal. I won't update the next chapter until I get three votes, and three comments.