Chapter 5

"Parker I want to help you... please let me." Kian practically begs. I just shake my head as he puts a hand on my shoulder. I look up at him holding my breath and biting my fingers to not start sobbing.

"Parker everything is alright." He says side hugging me. "You don't need to cry." He tries to soothe me. I hear Jc clear his throat and I pull away from Kian, with my cheeks heating put.

----

I walk back towards the building and see Nancy's car. I slowly walk up to her and I don't bother to wipe my now dry tears. Kian helped a little but no one can fill that empty hole in my heart. I left him after I ate, he wanted to walk me back but I didn't let him.

I look down at my feet walking to the car. I hear the car door open, but I don't look up. "Parker, what's wrong?" She asks coming up to me. I look up at her and burst into tears. She wraps me in her arms and I cry on her shoulder.

"I-I c-couldn't d-do i-it." I quietly say sobbing.

"It's okay, come on let's go home." She says softly. I nod my head and we pull apart. I feel someone watching us, so I look behind me and see Kian. I turn back and get in the car. Nancy does the same, and starts the car.

----

"Do you want to talk about it?" Nancy asks me when we got settled into the family room. She gave me a mug of hot chocolate and I was wrapped in a blanket.

"There's nothing really to say. They wanted to know why we were there." I say and a tear falls down my cheek. She sits next to me not looking happy.

"They shouldn't have done that. Do you want to go back tomorrow? If not we could talk just you and me." I smile at her.

"Can we just have an us day, you know do stuff together?" I offer still smiling and she smiled back.

"Sounds like a plan." She says. I smile and take a sip of my hot coco. "Do you want to watch a movie?" I look up at her and smile nodding my head.

"How about... the Fault in our Stars?" I offer. Nancy shakes her head at me. "What?"

" Why a sad movie? Why not a happy one?"

"Find then put on lion king." I say and she smiles nodding. I put my nearly empty cup down and curl up in a ball to watch the movie.

"Parker wake up." Nancy's soft voice pulls me out of my sleep. "You should go to your bed." I sleepily nod and get up, and practically crawl up the stairs. I get to my bed and curl up wishing I wouldn't wake up.

"Park I need you to stay here." My brother orders he. He shakes his wet hair and looks back to the burning boat.

"No Luke don't go... don't leave me." I beg crying.

"I need to go get mom and dad." He says wiping my tears.

"But I don't want to be alone." I cry looking back to the burning boat.

"You won't I'll be right back, I promise." Luke smiles at me and kisses the top of my head. Then he turns and dives back into the water to save my parents.

I jolt up in bed feeling dry tears on my cheeks. Why did I dream about the last time I saw him? Luke would be 20 now, but he had to be stupid and try and save my parents.

I curl up in a ball and lay like that as there is a knock on the front door. I hear Nancy open it, but I stay put. Why couldn't Luke just have stayed with instead of trying to be a hero? I start sobbing not caring if anyone heard.

He knew he wouldn't make it back, but he saved me. I hear someone running up the stairs and my door swings open. I keep my eyes shut as the tears stream down my face. I can't stop them, I never can when I get like this I just have to wait until they run dry.

Arms wrap around me pulling me into the person's chest. I knew it wasn't Nancy, but who would it be? "Parker it's okay." The person says soothingly and rubs my back to help soothe me. I knew that voice... it was Kian. It always seems to be Kian.

I shake my head, it's never going to be okay. I stay in his arms though, I carve the comfort that I never seem to get. "Parker what happened?" He asks. Does he expect me to talk? I can't just talk that's not how it works.

"Parker, dear what's wrong?" I hear Nancy ask. I look up seeing her blurry from the tears that are still coming.

"L-Luke." I say through the sobs. I turn my head back into Kian's chest and his grip on me tightens.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it. Comment and vote.