19

Spring break was the next thing coming up for the girls. Addie and Paisley had decided to go home for their week off. They could spend some time with Vanessa who was also off school. This meant time apart from their boyfriends, but with them off playing hockey around North America, they wouldn't have time for the girls anyways.

The three of them were out for dinner right now. They were all heading back to Addie and Paisley's Toronto apartment after to watch the game. Addie listened to Vanessa's story about her studies. She was studying law at George Brown. She had been accepted early and was finishing a year early because of it. She would have to go back for law school, but she was glad she was getting it down quickly. Addie checked her phone, while listening. She choked on her food when she looked at her notifications.

"Oh my god, Addie!" Vanessa gasped, patting her back. "Why are you like this?"

Addie shook her head, coughing. "I just got a notification saying Jamie's questionable." She explained. "I need to call him."

"Hey, no." Paisley grabbed her phone. "Just text him. He doesn't need to know you're stressed out because that won't help him."

Addie exhaled dramatically. She grabbed her phone a typed out a message to Jamie. Paisley and Vanessa both reviewed it before giving her the okay to send it. They went on with their lunch after that. Addie checked her phone as they walked out, sending another text when she didn't have a reply yet. She did that for the rest of the day. Every time she finished doing something, she would send another text.

It was a half hour until the game when she was finally at her wits' end. She had been patient for the last bit. He still hasn't texted her. She was doing a good job hiding how anxious she was from her friends. They were laughing about something together. Addie had her foot rocking. She couldn't handle it anymore.

"I need to check on him." She said, standing up.

"What?" Vanessa furrowed her brows as Addie walked down the hall.

Paisley and Vanessa followed her to her room. She started throwing things into her suitcase. The other two girls just looked at each other in disbelief. Paisley took a deep breath and turned to their crazy friend.

"What's your plan? Flying out to Calgary?" Paisley mocked.

"Yup." Addie answered, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Great plan, Addie. And when nothing's wrong and you look like a psychopath for flying out there, what's your plan then?" Paisley crossed her arms.

Addie looked at her. She opened her mouth to speak before her phone rang. "Jamie?"

"Hey, sorry I didn't answer. I was working out and then I took a n,"

"What's going on?" She cut him off. "Why are you questionable?"

"Oh, I just got a little bumped up but I'm fine." He chuckled. "It's cute that you were so worried."

She growled. "I was almost on a flight to Calgary, Jamie." She told him.

He laughed. "Well, I'm okay. I'm playing tonight."

"Good. I'll be watching." She smiled.

"I have to go do captain stuff, but I'll call you after our game, okay?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, we'll talk then."

"I miss you." He breathed.

She felt her face flush. "I miss you too. I'll see you soon."

The game ended in a 4-3 shootout victory for the Stars. Tyler had scored the game winner. He and Vanessa had already been on the phone for a half hour. Paisley was skyping with Val in her room and Addie could hear her laughing from the living room. Addie was sprawled on the couch, waiting for Jamie to call. She always had to wait since he always had a lot to do after the games. Her face lit up when she felt her phone vibrating.

"Congratulations." She sang when she answered.

"Thank you. I scored that goal for you." He beamed.

"Johnny Hockey tried to show you up, huh?" She teased.

"Fuck Gaudreau." Jamie scoffed. "Kidding, the kid's unreal."

"You don't have to tell me." She laughed.

"You were pretty freaked out earlier, eh?" Jamie purred.

Addie rolled her eyes. "I care about you a lot, Jamie. I wanted to make sure it wasn't serious." She explained.

"You're unbelievable." He breathed. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Caring about me. It's the best feeling." He stated.

She smiled. "It's my pleasure. You make it fun to do."

"I try." He sighed.