Couple of Kirlias.

Although Gizelle and Yuka were reluctant to move on, Yuka mourning the loss of her ukelele and Gizelle moping over her friend, they trudged on.

Cupping my hands, I yelled into the darkness in front of me. "Hello? Is there any Pokemon around here that could possibly help me?" I yelled. My voice echoed off the walls for a good ten seconds before I realized this wasn't just a hallway. This was a passage! It must lead somewhere!

Rather than waiting for Ben to make it over to the side I was trapped on, I ran into the darkness to find where this place led to.

"Wow, you've got a pair of lungs on you. I almost lost my grip on the wall for a second." Ben complained.

Even over Voicemail, he was still a jackass. But he was my best friend and I loved his quirky asshole-yness.

I decided that I didn't need to respond to that statement. I could hardly see my hand in front of my face through the darkness and my confidence started to waver. I managed to push through, though and my two companion Pokemon soon joined me in my running.

The darkness started to become lighter and lighter until I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. And that, for once, was not a figure of speech. I ran out of the passage and found that this led out of the ruins completely.

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

I guess I was right about those ancient people being paranoid. I grinned and looked back to see faint smiles on Yuka and Gizelle's face.

"Ben, I found a way out of the ruins."

"Really?"

"Hell yeah, I did!" I chirped. "Just get over to my side of the wrecked room and I'll lead you out of this place!"

"All right! Great going, Little Bit!" Ben cheered. "I'll be over there in a second. I just have to-"

The speaker on my Styler became muffled and I could hear movement before a loud thud. "Uh... Ben? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He said, sounding as if he had the breath knocked out of him.

"What happened?"

"I might have accidently slipped and fell down into the hole. Good news, though, I fell on the other side of the room. Gale's about to jump down to me."

"I know you're fine and good work getting over to this side. I'll be over there in a second to show you were the stairs are."

"I think I can manage to find it from here. Thanks, though."

"Are you sure? Because it's up against the west side near the stai-" I was cut off by the same muffled sound, except this time I could hear the yell from farther down the passageway, as well as on my Styler. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I may or may not have fallen down the stairs." Ben lamely said.

"I didn't need my Styler to hear that scream. I heard it from where I am! That must mean we're close to each other!" I informed him. "Start walking down the passageway and I'll meet you in the middle, okay?"

"Okay," was Ben's reply.

I ran back the way I came and Gizelle's sensors lit up. We were very close to Ben. Soon, I could hear rapid footsteps and not long after that, I saw Ben's silhouette. I reached out in the faint glow of Yuka's light and my hand found the material of Ben's ranger uniform. I trailed my hand up until I found his shoulders and moved both hands down his arm until I found his hand.

"Found you." I jokingly said, hanging up my Styler before it could echo my message to Ben again.

"Kirl-kirl!" Gizelle exclaimed.

Even in the darkness, I could see the other Kirlia's- I mean Gale's- sensors glow, too. The two friends were reunited yet again. And this time, I was fairly certain that they weren't going to be torn apart by the ceiling giving way again. I hope I didn't just jinx that.

Gizelle launched herself at Gale and he lifted her up like a ballerina and twirled her as a guy would in a pas de deux. Then Gale set her down gingerly and they rubbed noses affectionately. Something tells me that these two weren't just friends. I looked away at their display of affection and instead chose meet Ben's gaze.

"Glad to meet up with you again," I told Ben. "But I'll feel much better when I can see everything around me instead of feeling like I'm holding a candle up in the dark." I looked down at Yuka. "No offense."

"No offense taken," Was her squeaky reply.

And so we ran like Giratina himself was hot on our heels until we were outside of the ruins. I never want to have to go back in there again.

I turned to the little duo. "Will you guys be fine by yourselves?" I asked. "After all, your home did kind of collapse."

They looked at each other. They dropped each other's hand before latching themselves onto me and Ben.

Gale looked up at Ben with Eevee-eyes and Gizelle did the same in kind. "Can't we go with you?" A small voice said with an air of grace. Gizelle, I assumed.

"Please?" A calm voice added. That must be Gale.

"After all, I'm your Gizelle now." Gizelle started.

"And you named me Gale!" Gale finished.

Ben looked at me.

"I think they want to come with us." I said, trying my best to conceal the fact I could actually decipher some of what they said. Especially since I couldn't find the courage to tell him about that little quirk yet.

"It's fine with me if it's fine with you." Ben shrugged.

What about Jet and Eve, though? They might think that I'm trying to replace them. I looked to Yuka for direction, who nodded her head.

I dipped my head in consent. "Welcome to the team, guys."

The Pokemon cheered.

I remembered something. "We should go report this to the lady who sent us on the quest."

Ben put a hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you head back to Rand's house and I'll report back to the lady? You look tired."

I shook my head. "Nah, we're in this together. Besides, I still have to look for that vet."

Ben nodded and we started walking down the path back to Mitonga island. He had his hands locked together behind his head. "Maybe we could find some of those berries that the Pokemon Trainers in the other regions use to heal their Pokemon." He suggested.

I considered that. "But do you think that berries would heal Jet's torn up leg or Evelyn's hypothetically broken rib?" I asked.

He shrugged. "We'll never know unless we try. If we had some knowledge about berries, maybe we could find out."

Knowledge, huh? I thought about the library in the mansion. There was bound to be books on something like the wellbeing of Pokemon somewhere in all of the book filled rooms in the mansion. "I know a place that may have some books on the health of Pokemon." I piped up.

Ben looked over at me, cracking a small smile. "Then we'll head over there tomorrow, first thing in the morning!" He decided, looking at the sun that was starting to set.

(A/N: The title to the chapter is literally a reference to the fact that Gizelle and Gale are literally a couple. @brikana came up with the idea of two Kirlias that were infatuated with each other and I loved it!)