"Oh...Right..." I say, a little stunned by that outburst. So, whenever someone gets close and looks him in the eyes they can't seem to get control over themselves? That definitely needs checking out. "Anyway, I'm Tina. Unless you hadn't already guessed I'm new." I say flashing her a smile , trying to think through this newly found information.

"I'm Kaycee! What class do you have first?!"

"Music, you?"

"Me too! Let's go together." She said and started bouncing off down the corridor, without giving me a chance to answer.

"Okay..."

She stopped and realised I wasn't beside her. Turning back to me, she grabbed hold of my arm and dragged me down the hall; taking me to what I assumed was the music room. When we got there she went to her seat and saved the seat next to her for me for when I sat down after singing the solo.

The teacher walked in distracted by all the papers in his arms and he didn't notice me.

I cleared my throat and his head shot up, eyes searching the room until they landed on me. "Ah! A new student! I'm Mr Leigh. And you are?" he smiled, the crows feet showing up at the corners of his eyes were the only sign of wrinkled on his face. However, his salt and pepper was another sign of his age.

"My name is Tina Bolaine. And, well... Hi!" I said awkwardly, wondering what I should do now.

"Well then, Tina, would you like to show us the song you prepared for us?"

I nodded and gave him my backing track and when he played it I started to sing, 

"I stare at my reflection in the mirror," I start and the whole room falls silent. All heads turn to me as I continue with the next line, "Why am I doing this to myself?"I'm singing the acoustic version of 'Who You Are' by Jessie J.

"Losing my mind on a tiny error. I nearly left the real me on the shelf, no, no, no." The door opens, but I ignore it, not turning to see who had entered the room.

"Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars..." 

I got to the middle eight of the song - at full power, as I had gradually gotten louder as I sung through the song - and everyone was still staring at me. If I wasn't used to it, it probably would have made me extremely nervous. However, thanks to how I was brought up, I was used to being under scrutiny.

As I got to the end of the song, I was in full swing, performing and singing my heart out.

"Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart. Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising. Just stay true to who you are. Who you are, who you are. Who you are." I ended the song, quietly.

No one moved, I don't even know if they were breathing.

Was I really that bad?

Just as I began to get worried that they had all died from lack of oxygen; everyone erupted in to thunderous applause. Overwhelmed, I ran to the seat next to Kaycee and sank down in to it, cheeks flushed. I looked up to see who had entered the room while I sang, to see none other than he who shall not be- Ah screw it Darren Bowler

Oh god! Kill. Me. Now.

Wait! Why do I care?

Yeah... right.

I zoned out for the rest of the lesson when suddenly Kaycee told me to pay attention because what he was about to say was 'important'. 

I gave myself a mental shake and tuned in to what Mr Leigh had started  to say.

"-End of term concert this year and all of you will be performing in it! We have already arranged the set list and it is hanging up out side."

That means that as I'm new, I don't have to take part! Yes! I did a happy dance in my head and a smile formed on my face.

"But, as you are a new student, Tina you have not been put on the set list. So it seems that you will be closing the show for us!"

The happy dance stopped and my face dropped.

Spoke to soon.

The bell rang and I practically ran out of the room and headed to English. People stared at me in awe as I walked in. I rushed to my seat, my face burning bright red. And then because my day is oh so amazing! Guess who walked in behind me!? You got it! Bowler. 

He walked straight to the seat next to me and, just as he sat down, I pulled the chair out from under him. Childish, I know, but he deserved it. He got up glaring at me while I shook my head at him with narrowed eyes just as Kaycee walked in. Speed walked over to the chair I had just pulled out from underneath Bowler and sat down on it. I smiled at her gratefully and smirked at the angry look on Bowler's face.

He proceeded to annoy me all lesson. And that, plus the stares I was getting made such a nice,   at-ease person out of me... note the sarcasm in that sentence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited!