After the surgery

It was 10am on Tuesday. Mark was recovering well from the surgery yesterday, he was asleep and looking a lot less ill than he did on Sunday. You didn't sleep at all, Tom and their Mother had gone home to rest.

Mark woke up at around 12, the hospital had a dog that they were bringing to him for a special visit. She was a really cute dog and Mark was so happy with her. You leaned over and kissed Mark.

"How are you feeling sweetie?"

"I'm still a little sore, but I feel so much better"
"I'm glad. You really worried me, I didn't leave your side the whole time. Have you seen all the stuff on twitter?"
"No, not yet"
"You should really look"
"I will, can you take a picture of me with the dog?"

You took Mark's phone, snapping a picture of him holding the dog and smiling. He tweeted it, tears found his way to his eyes as he read all of the tweets from fans, wishing him well and worrying about him.
"Wow. I know my fans are all lovely people and I know they care, but I had no idea that they cared this much"
"It's really beautiful, isn't it?"
"It is"
You looked deep into each other's eyes, sharing a moment as you cutely smiled at each other. He wanted to record a video thanking his fans for all the well wishes, so you took his camera and recorded for him.

  Mark's Mom arrived with some of her homemade soup for both you and Mark.

"Thanks" you both said simultaneously as Mark's Mom kissed him on the forehead and sat down.