Epilogue: The Messenger

Dear Shizira,

Asuiri and I have been having one heck of a time with Daiden. He's just so messy! But it's alright, he usually cleans up after himself after a little bit of scolding. And, I have lots of good news! We're expecting a little girl! But don't tell Asuiri, I just found out today that we're gonna have a girl. Axel, Malice, and Enayai are coming over later, that's when I'm going to tell everyone. This will be great; Daiden just loves his aunts!

On another note, we've recently moved. We just couldn't fit everyone in that apartment anymore, but Malice is still living there. She has a few pets now. She had two dogs, a cat, and I think she has a ferret. Unfortunately, Funwari recently passed away. It's too bad, honestly.

Daiden really likes the dragons. Even the dangerous ones. He says he wants to work at a dragon sanctuary someday, would you believe it!

I've really improved in magic too. Even with a toddler on my hip, I still manage. It really comes in handy sometimes too. He loves to watch me practice.

Your father is retiring soon, which means soon I'm going to be taking over. Goodness, me? Leader of S.A. Enterprises? It's really very exciting, but I'm worried I won't be able to spend much time at home. So Asuiri and I are going to run it together. Sometimes I'll go, sometimes he'll go, but the business is so strong already, I do hope we won't have to be away from home too much.

Well I really don't have much time left. I have to watch Daiden while Asuiri goes out to get dinner. Don't you worry, it's still the childish Asuiri we know and love. He can just drive now.

I will write to you again soon. I love and miss you, Shizi.

Love, Kiria Takabetsuno

Somewhere far above human comprehension, a brightly-eyed young girl sat with her past life. Together they looked down, and even though they didn't directly see it they felt the passage of time and as often as humanly possible they seemed to get letters.

Shizira gave a final smile. "Don't worry, Kiria. Maybe in another life we'll be together again."

"You want to get reincarnated again?" Akutzco gaped.

"Not right away, no. I'm having too much of a good time watching them. They're happy, just like I asked them to be."

"You're too good for being dead already, you know that?"

"It seems unjust death runs in the reincarnation line."

"So I wonder what Raviel's doing, now that those three are gone?"

And somewhere far below human ideal, three demons sat together in the seventh ring of Hell. They hoped, someday, they would be with their hosts again. Maybe in a way that never hurt anyone.

The End