Chapter Two: Let's Hang Out

Kiria held her lunch tray and looked around, unsure of where to sit. Everyone seemed to have his or her own place to be, and she, once again, felt like the odd one out.

She decided to sit anywhere that was available. Well, that's what she planned, until she noticed a certain blue-haired Asuiri staring her down with pleading eyes. Kiria smiled to herself and made her way towards him, sitting across from his happy face. Sitting next to him was the girl from before, Shizara, maybe?

"Hi Kiria!" Asuiri greeted warmly.

"Hello Asuiri," Kiria tried, but failed to sound genuinely happy right then. Kiria looked at the girl and nodded. "I don't believe I ever g-got your name. I'm Kiria, b-but I think you knew that."

"Shizira. Shizira Sanunmon. And yes," the girl told her in a monotoned voice. Kiria could feel something off with this girl, something not quite right...

"What are you looking at?" Shizira snapped as Kiria realized she was staring.

"Your earrings...," Kiria slightly blurted. Earrings? She was wearing earrings?

"You mean Shi's pretty, shiny, bangled ones?" Asuiri provided. Shizira turned a shade of light pink.

"They look... familiar...," Kiria drawled, studying them closely. How did you notice them before I did...?

The earrings were big, and only slightly flashly. Shizira hid them behind her hair in such a way that it was hard to notice anything was even there. They had a strange aura, but that may have been because of him.

No. Stop it. You can't be rid of him, but you can pretend he doesn't exist. He'll listen to you, it's his job to listen to you. He can't-

"KIRIA!" the ceruleanette yelled for the umpteenth time, sounding annoyed, which seemed unusual for him. Kiria finally took notice and snapped out of it, leaning back and tipping her chair in fright, ending up on the floor with a crash.

Everyone in the lunchroom turned to look at her. Greaty great. Ha ha, the center of attention again, and not for good reason. At least no one was bleeding or dying...

"Kiria! Oh, I'm sorry," Asuiri apologized, now on the table and looking down at her. "That was so not ice of me."

Ice? Did he mean to say nice, or is he implying something else...?

Asuiri got off the table and reached out a hand to a rather disoriented Kiria. Kiria took it gently, and Asuiri pulled her on to her feet. She looked up at him, eyes wide. He hadn't noticed before, but Kiria had really pretty purple eyes. Really dark purple.

"You are a lot taller than I thought you were...," Kiria mumbled. She picked her chair back up and noticed almost everyone had gone back to eating, with the exception of a few people.

"I'm so sorry about that again, Kiria." Asuiri once again told her, looking genuinely sad that he'd made her fall.

"Eh, it's okay, Asuiri,"Kiria replied. Dear Ra please don't be super apologetic.

Shizira blinked. What in the name of God did she just witness? Asuiri looked at Kiria and scribbled down a note in messy, childlike scribbles and handed it to her, but Kiria was spacing out again. Asuiri just huffed and poked her, and she seemed to snap out of it, looking at them both again.

"S-Sorry," Kiria apologized, and looked down at the pink notecard before her. She looked over at it, and it read, DO YOU WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME AND SHI AFTER SCHOOL?