Chapter Sixty-Three: Her Pain

WARNING: FAR HARSHER LANGUAGE THAN PREVIOUSLY SHOWN UPCOMING (and by that I mean the F-Bomb desu)

"Ki," Malice whined, crawling into the bed with her. "I haven't seen you in days~"

Kiria didn't react. She just stared up at the bottom of the top bed with almost dead eyes. Seeing dead eyes. 

"It's no use, Malice," Axel sighed, standing in the doorway. "The only thing she's said to me in the last three days was 'I can see' once she got home." Axel walked over and, Malice slipping out of the bed, sat next to her sister. "I can make you some cereal or burnt toast. Or I can even go out and get some instant ramen. Do you like that?" She slipped her hand under the blanket and rubbed Kiria's back. 

"Mmhmm," Kiria muttered. 

"That'a girl," Axel said with a sympathetic smile. 'Malice and I will be right back. We'll even get Asuiri on the way! Okay?"

Kiria muttered again in response. Axel's smile got a little wider. "Alright! We'll go out right now. Come on, Malice." 

"Okay!" Malice happily complied. Kiria listened as both went out the front door. 

She turned out and looked at her desk. A dusty duel disk sat on her desk, untouched since the day she got it. 

She wanted to change that.

She quickly sat up and slid out of the bed, looking at the desk again. The desk that Axel and her shared was littered with mostly Kiria's possessions. The duel disk, her deck, her magic books, some herbs and spells she was practicing, a pile of full sketch books that had not belonged to her a few days ago, and a sparkling small bottle of obsidian black liquid that had also not been hers a few days prior.

She grabbed both the disk and her deck before putting on a pair of pants and one of Axel's hoodies before going out the door. But, before stepping out the door, she remembered something else. 

The earrings. 

Peeking into her room again, she saw them, gleaming on the pillow she hadn't lifted her head from for a few days. She stuffed them in her pocket and headed out. She'd find Yugi eventually anyway.

It wasn't long before Kiria saw another person walking around with a duel disk  strapped to his arm. "Hey!" she yelled, getting his attention and holding up the arm with the duel disk attached to it. "I challenge you to a duel!" He accepted.

It was over almost as soon as it started. 

On her first turn, she played Skilled Dark Magician, Blast Magician, Double Coston, and Honest, all in defense mode, and leaving only two cards in her hand. She ended her turn after that. Her opponent played a facedown monster in defense mode and ended his turn, obviously unable to do much. 

On her second turn, Kiria played Ookazi, dealing 800 damage directly to her opponents life points. After that, she sacrificed Skilled Dark Magician and Double Coston to summon Cybernetic Magician in attack mode, and sacrificed the others to summon Dark Red Enchanter in attack mode, ending her turn. Her opponent didn't do anything that turn, looking frazzled and confused at his hand. 

Kiria attacked his face down Senju of the Thousand Hands, and then attacked his life points directly with her Cybernetic Magician, taking out the rest of his life points. 

Ignoring his handshake and thanks, she looked for another duelist. All day, she did this, each duelist getting stronger and stronger than the last. She began to completely forget why she was sad in the first place. 

Sad? When was she even sad, anyway? Nope. 

Finally, when she could not find anyone else to duel, she began for Kame Game shop.