Chapter Sixty-Five: Let's Get this Over With

"H-Harune?" Kiria called, knocking on the front door to the apartment. He was still in town, not due to leave for quite a while.

"Is that you, Kiria?" he replied, opening the door. His bright orange eyes seemed to smile at her.

"Yeah, its m-me. I, um, I have to ask you a favor..."

"Of course, come on in! You're always welcome to ask a favor of me." He sat on the couch, Kiria joining him.

"Well, it's about Malice. We don't really know anything about her, and as a gift, we want to find her real family in Egypt."

"Alright, alright. I'm sure we could find her family. All we'd need is a facial scan and everything you know that could help us." Harune pulled out his phone. "I'll get on it right away, alright, Kiria?"

"Th-That you so much, Harune!"

"Don't call me Harune. Call me dad."

It was only a month later, and thanks to the technology of S.A. Enterprises, and almost no one else having the special face markings that Malice had, Kiria, Axel, and Malice were sitting in a car being drove by Harune to the airport. Malice had no idea what was going on.

"Where are we going?" she asked for the umpteenth time.

"I don't know," Axel answered for the umpteenth time. She was getting pissed.

"We're here!" Harune announced, getting out of the car with everyone following suit. Axel had a tight hold on Malice's wrist, in fear of her running off on her own, as usual.

"Mister Harune, why are we at the airport? We're not going on another trip, are we-"Her question was cut off by a loud yell.

"ITSU!!!" was the only distinguishable thing the woman had yelled. She walked up to the four, sputtering random gibberish and crying. Malice quickly held her hands up and responded in the same gibberish, Axel letting go of her arm.

"So that's her?" Kiria asked. She definitely looked like Malice, despite the crow's feet and wrinkles. Her eyes were the same shade of light lavender, the same shape, and even the eye swirl markings. Her hair was short and black, though. Malice had light blonde hair, not black.

"Yup," replied Harune. Axel looked close to tears. "I-I need to use the bathroom," she stuttered slightly, walking away just as Malice looked over.

"What's wrong with Atool, Ki?" Malice asked. "Does she not like Mrs. Enkabri?"

"I don't think that's the matter," Kiria responded. "I'll be right back." Running to the bathroom after Axel, Kiria peeked inside first. Axel was hunched over one of the sinks, sniffling and wiping her face over and over again.

"Axel?" Kiria nearly whispered.

"She's gonna l-leave us, Ki," Axel responded.

"Oh, Axel." Kiria gave her sister a squeeze from behind, trying her hardest to make the pigtailed taller girl cheer up. "You don't know that, c'mon. You practically raised her, Atool."

"She's the only one allowed to call me that."

"Got it. C'mon, pull yourself together and let's go meet Mrs. 'Enkabri' together, alright?"

Axel sniffled again and washed her face again with the water. "Alright, just give me a few."

Kiria went back outside, seeing Malice and her mother making conversation. She beckoned Kiria over. Malice introduced her in gibberish, and her mother put her hand out for Kiria.

"I am Itsu's mama, Pehashis. And you are Ki-ri-ra?"

Kiria replied "Yes," in Egyptian. At least, she thought she did. It had been so long since she had last spoke it.