Chapter 1 - A Breath Of Air

Sonja's POV

It was me and Tucker's 4th year of dating anniversary. I could still remember how we met, that cheeky boy. Pulled the middle finger out of that bag as if it was a gift. Is that why I love him? Love is complicated, but Tucker has made it surprisingly simple.

"Hey Sonj, wanna watch some Netflix?" Tucker called from the kitchen.

"Yeah! Throw me an Arizona!" I replied.

"Got it." Tucker said as he sat down on the couch with my Arizona and a bag of popcorn.

"Share!" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes.

He laughed, kissed me, handed me the popcorn and started searching through the comedies.

Then I heard his phone buzz. He picked it up and read it with a look of distress on his face.

"What is it??" I was curious.

"It was Tom. He's flying over from the U.K, and asked if he could stay with us." He had a funny look on his face.

"So... What else Tucker?" I knew something was wrong.

"... He broke up with Kate. I assume he'll be pretty upset when he gets here." He looked at me. I think he felt bad for Tom.

I did too.
"He'll be okay, right? Tell him that we're sorry and that he can stay as long as he wants."

~Time skip~

Tucker's POV

When Tom arrived from the UK, I could tell he wasn't his normal self. I let him in the house, got him some tea and asked him if he was okay. He said yes, but I'm sure he was lying.

"Can I do anything to help?" I wondered.

"Nah, just throw some Netflix on and keep some herbal tea in the house, and me and you and me will get along just fine." He was joking, but I could tell he still wanted the herbal tea.

Then Sonja came down from upstairs.
"Aww Tom, how ya doin?" She asked and gave him a hug. She sat down beside me.

"Alright." He replied. She said nothing else, just rested her head on my chest.

We watched Netflix for hours until we all finally fell asleep on the couch.

The next morning, Tom had left a note saying that he went for a walk, and would be back around 1:00. I checked my phone. It was 12. I looked at Sonja still passed out on my chest and sighed. Who could even hope for a more beautiful lady then her? I shook her off of me, lied her head on a pillow and threw a blanket over her.

Tom's POV

I just walked for what seemed like hours, staring at the trees, the sky, the clouds. I thought about if I lived here, the girls I would meet, the fun I would have. I didn't lie to myself. I was hurt bad from that breakup. She decided to move out, and is staying at her parents until she finds a new man to break down, or at least that seems like something she would do. (I want no hate for this, plz. It's just for the story)

I made my way back to Tucker's place and checked my watch. It was 1:08. The door was unlocked so I walked in to a sleepy Sonja having her morning coffee.

"For fucks sake, it's one in the afternoon!!" I yelled at her, joking of course.

"Heh sorry.. Just got up half an ,hour ago." She replied.

"So then where's Tucker?" I asked her in confusion.

"He's streaming upstairs in the spare room. That's where he keeps all his stuff." She said, yawning.

"Oh." I replied. "Well where am I sleeping then?" I asked.

"In the guest room. We have a guest room, and a spare room. Well, it's pretty much the office." She said.

"Your house sure is huge!" I said as I went upstairs to check out the guest room.

I lied down on the bed and thought about Kate. For the first time in years, I actually cried. After a while, Sonja called.

"Tom, lunch is ready!"
I wiped my tears just as she opened the door.

"Tom.. Are you okay?" She could tell that I had been crying.

"Yeah." I said. But it was a lie, and a few tears fell again.

"Oh Tom.. Everything is gonna be okay!" She said. She gave me a short little kiss on the cheek. I flushed red.

Sonja's POV

I felt really bad for Tom, and I needed to cheer him up.

"Oh Tom... Everything is gonna be okay!" I said. I kissed him on the cheek and he blushed. Then I heard a loud voice.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND!" Tucker was standing in the doorway.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading the first chapter of my fanfic! I will be trying to make each chapter about 800 words, and post a chapter once a week at the least. Please comment and tell me if you liked it!

-Ryley