Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Start from the beginning

Ben grinned and gave me an 'I told you so' look. My mood brightened considerably and I stuck my tongue out at him.

Yuka jumped out of my arms and told the Pichus something. They chirped their agreement and herded me and Ben back over to the big tree.

"What's wrong?" Ben asked. "What do you need from us?"

The Pichus gathered around Yuka. Yuka started strumming her ukelele. The Pichus started to dance, almost as if this was choreographed.

The music was beautiful and lighthearted. Ben and I watched the display for a few moments before I start swaying to the beat and danced in the midst of the circle of Pichus.

Ben looked at me expectantly, sitting down in the grass to watch us. "Summer, you know what would make this whole thing better?" He asked, beaming up at me.

"What?"

"If you singing like you used to!" He enthusiastically said.

Normally, I would've refused because I was embarrassed of my voice and of the attention I got (I could never tell if it was good attention or not, which was equally unnerving), but this moment was perfect... So what did I have to lose? I was just going to be performing in front of Ben and an island of Pokemon, anyway. Ben was already grinning like an idiot.

I grinned up towards the sky.

"Ooooh ooooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh...
Ooooh ooooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh..."

Yuka stopped strumming and the Pichus stopped dancing for a moment. Even the other surrounding noises hushed as I let loose a melody. They were suprised, I think. I hope it wasn't because I sounded bad— Wait, why do I care? I'm having fun, not trying out for a singing competition.

Getting over her initial surprise, Yuka began strumming again.

"Somewhere over the rainbow,"
I started, keeping my voice in time with the music.
"Way up high.
And the dreams that you dream of
Once in a lullaby..."

Ben leaned forward to listen, resting his chin on his hand.

"Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dream of
Dreams really do come true ooh oh,"

I continued, beginning to spin within the circle that the Pichus formed around me.
"Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow Bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to,
Oh why, oh why can't I?"

Ben got up and joined the Pichus as they danced. I suddenly wished that Jet and Evelyn could've been here, but I tried not to linger on that thought of negativity. If I had a superpower, it would be to heal Pokemon. Then I could help Eve and Jet.

I paused for a moment before changing the song.
"Well I see trees of green and red roses too,
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Well I see skies of blue
And I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world..."

Ben extended a hand to me and I took it. When we were little, he used to twirl me like a ballerina. Just as expected, he twirled me around and I was filled with a sense of nostalgia. It wasn't intimate or romantic like most people would think; we were best friends and we simply just danced for the fun of it.

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands
Singing, 'How do you do?'
They're really singing, 'I...I love you.'

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more than we'll know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
World..."

Ben released his grip on my hands and started dancing with the Pichus that demanded his attention. I picked up one Pichu and threw it up in the air before catching it. The moment was perfect.

"Someday I'll wish upon a star,
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow way up high
And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I?
I?"

Yuka's playing finally died down as I sang the last note. Ben brought brought me down in a dip before promptly bringing me back up.

The Pichus gave us a loud cheer and we all three took a bow.

Ben grinned. "We should do this more often."

I couldn't agree more.

(A/N: Okay, ever since Chapter One, I already had decided to have this scene with Summer singing. When I see this clipscene in the game, I imagine Ukelele Pichu ((AKA Yuka)) playing this song. (The song is "Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world" by Iz.)

And I'm going to start leaving songs next to chapters that I think sum up what each chapter is about, or what the mood is like. Because I have so many songs that go through my head each time I write a chapter and they fit so well! So that's something all of you can look forward to.

I'm going to add songs to previous chapters, too.

If any of you guys want to suggest songs for any of the chapters, I'd like that, too. Even if I already had a song chosen, I'd replace it if you had a better one. I like the idea of having songs set the mood for a chapter. But you have to tell me the title of the song (Or you can just say the name of the artitst and say "The song where they say "~~~~~", if you're not sure what the name of the song is.) so I know what to look up.

I think it would be a great way for you guys to feel even more included in the story. And if I chose not to use your song for a specific chapter, I'll try to use it in another chapter, okay?

That's all I wanted to say. I appreciate all of the continued support you all have given me! See you guys next time!)