Chapter 20: Lazy Mornings and Horrible Excuses

The next morning, I wake up to a loud knocking on the door. I groan and turn around, hoping it will stop. Two minutes later, the knocking is still heard and I hear Camila and Ally shift around in their beds.

"Y/N, you answer..," Camila mumbles sleepily from her top bunk.

I sigh in frustration and manage to peel my eyes open groggily. As I clamber out of bed and drag myself to the door, I catch a glimpse of the time on the alarm clock beside my bed: 10:30 am.

"What?" I snap as I open the door, before rubbing my eyes to wake myself up; I don't really appreciate being awoken when I can finally sleep in. When my vision clears, I see it's Normani standing at my door and my expression softens. "Shoot, sorry, Mani. Good morning?"

"I need your help," she says urgently with a serious expression on her face. "It's Lauren."

If I wasn't awake before, I sure as heck am now. "Lauren? What's wrong? Is she okay?"

Normani shrugs lightly and seems unsure on how to answer, so I send her a look, signalling for her to speak.

"She's fine in the way that she isn't dead or anything, if that's what you mean," she finally says, causing my expression of concern to not change one bit. "But she won't get out of bed. She's literally moaning and groaning and won't get up."

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Just come on," she says impatiently, grabbing my wrist. "She'll listen to you." She drags me out of my room and I manage to shut the door before she takes me to her dorm.

After we arrive on her floor and are walking to her room, I speak up. "How did she sleep last night? You know, after the break up and everything..."

I slept okay last night, but I couldn't get Lauren off my mind. When I left her, she was better than I expected her to be, but who knows how she would feel when she is by herself. I don't even want to imagine how much pain she is putting herself through if she is still feeling like it's her fault.

"Surprisingly, she's okay," Normani nods as she recalls her previous night. "But I think she's just realised everything that's happened and now won't get out of bed. That's why Dinah and I need you to help. She'll listen to you." She looks at me and smirks a little once she says this, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Just because she isn't with Ashley anymore, doesn't mean that you guys can try to put her with me," I warn them with a slight frown. "She needs support right now, not a forced relationship."

Normani sighs loudly, knowing I'm correct. "Fine. But, there's only a matter of time before she has to move on, Y/N. Remember that." The smirk grazes her lips again and I can't help but laugh lightly at her persistence.

We finally arrive at their dorm room and I wait for Normani to open the door with her keys. Once it's open, I witness Dinah about to launch a cushion at Lauren who is laying in her bed with the blankets covering her.

"Dinah!" I scold her, causing her to look at Normani and I and send us a sheepish smile. She drops the cushion and puts her hands behind her back, watching us 'innocently'.

"What?" she asks like it's nothing.

I roll my eyes playfully and chuckle as I walk to Lauren's bedside. I vaguely hear Normani hitting Dinah at her bad attempt to get Lauren out of bed, causing me to laugh again.

"Hey, Laur," I say softly, sitting on her bedside and pulling her blanket back a little, only to reveal her jet black hair sprawled around her pillow; her beautiful face is nowhere to be seen.