24: Giving birth

Chapter Twenty Four

"Oh my god, I think I'm going to die!" Karen screamed in pain.

I kissed the back of her hand that was digging into my skin and she looked at me with sweat covering her.

"You're going to be fine, Babydoll. You're doing great," I smiled, trying to make her feel better.

She glared at me. "Easy for you to say. You'll have no idea what this feels like because you aren't carrying a little human inside of you!"

An amused smile showed up on my lips, but it quickly disappeared as I saw the pissed off look on her face.

"You're ready. Push, Ms. Russell. I can almost see the head!" The doctor grinned.

Karen dug her nails even deeper into my skin and pushed with all she could. Then she gasped for some breath. "Is he out yet?"

"You have to push one more time. That'll do the trick," the doctor instructed.

Karen laid her head back on the bed and she breathed heavily, shaking her head. "I can't do this anymore. I'm so tired. I can't push anymore."

The doctor looked at me and I bent down to my fiancé's eye level and looked into them. "Babydoll, one more push then I'll let you rest. Don't you want to meet our little angel?"

She looked at me with glistened eyes and nodded slowly. "But I don't think I can do it anymore."

"Love, please try to. You'll be okay. I'll be right here with you through it all," I said, kissing her forehead.

She nodded and let go of me to wrap her arms around my neck. "You've got to kiss me better than that if you want to boost my energy."

She crashed her lips into mine and I kissed her back before I reluctantly pulled away from the throat clearing.

"One more push, Ms. Russell. You have to do it now," the doctor instructed seriously.

After taking in a deep breath, Karen pushed with all the energy she had and an angelic cry sounded throughout the room.

"It's a boy. Congratulations!"

I looked at Karen and she looked at me with a big smile before she slowly closed her eyes.

Suddenly the next thing I knew, I was pushed out of the room. I didn't even know what was happening.

How come I didn't get to hold my baby with my soon to be wife? Why did I get shoved out of the room?

"CPR!" A nurse called.

CPR for who? What was going on?

My parents, David, and Sophia looked at me worriedly and I looked at them in confusion.

"What happened?" My mom asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. They pushed me out of the room. I didn't even get to hold my baby. I heard them say something about CPR though, but for who? The baby was healthy and fine and Karen just went to sle-"

Suddenly my eyes widened. "No, no, no, no, no! That's not happening."

I looked at Sophia and saw her lean into David's hold and I felt my heart break.

My parents looked at me in shock and I didn't know what to say or do.

"Karen," I bit out quietly, shocked.

This is not happening!

She's tired and I pushed her into using the last of her strength for our baby.

Bittersweet (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें