13: Killing two birds with one stone

Chapter Thirteen

"I am not marrying Jessica Alden. That is false," I started as the reporters in front of me frantically wrote something on their notebook and took pictures and recorded.

I was on live right now, cleaning up the mess about the whole world thinking that I was going to marry Overly Attached.

Loud gasps sounded through the room and everything started bombing me with questions again.

"So, is it true that you're having an affair?"

"Why did Miss Alden say that at the press conference she held then?"

"Are you two dating?"

"I am most definitely not dating or having anything related to that with her. We are nothing to each other, but mere business partners. I am, however, getting married," I stated.

Another wave of loud gasps filled the room again and the camera lights flashed repeatedly. I could see almost everyone writing rapidly down on their notebook.

"Mr. Russell, who would become your bride?"

"A lot of girls' hearts will break from hearing this. Who is the lucky bride?"

"Is she the one you're having an affair with?"

I cleared my throat and gave them a smirk. "I am not having an affair. She's the only woman for me and I will not share further details. I just wanted to clear this mess up. Have a great day."

I stood up and walked out of the room that held more than one reporter.

I am so going to be killed from Karen, but it'll be so worth it to see the look on her beautiful face.

She's so sexy when she's mad.

Not even a few minutes later, my phone started ringing. I picked it up without looking at the ID.

"Are you out of your freakin mind, Conan Russell? I swear to god, I am going to murder you an-"

"Hey, Babydoll. How's your day been?" I smirked, walking to my office.

"How's my day been? Are you kidding me right now? God, I hate you!"

I chuckled, causing her to be even more pissed off than she was.

"You're so annoying!" She groaned.

I grinned as I entered my office and replied, "Get ready before six. I'm picking you up."

"To where?" She asked angrily.

A smile graced my lips and I replied, "To dinner. I'll see you soon, Babydoll."

I hung up after, but not before hearing her throw a few more words at me.

I laughed and shook my head as I sat down at my desk and looked down at my phone, smiling.

There's just something about this girl that makes me want more all the time.

***

"Babydoll, are you ready?" I called once I closed the door behind me.

There was no answer and I furrowed my eyebrows as I went into our room to look for her.

"Are you kidding me, Karen? Really?" I groaned, seeing her asleep on our bed.

I walked to her side and frowned as I saw that she was sweating. I put my briefcase down on the bedside table and sat down on the bed, putting a hand up to her forehead to feel her temperature.

I quickly got up and went to grab a small towel, wetting it in cold water before I came back into our room and gently pressed it against her forehead, trying to cool her down.