21: Arguments

Chapter Twenty One

Conan Russell's P.O.V.

Overly Attached. I knew she had something to do with the kidnapping of Karen.

And I made sure to make her life a living hell for hurting my fiancé like that. Same with my baby.

I need to apologize to Darren for finding her because if he didn't then I don't know what could've happen to my life.

Speaking of the devil, Darren walked by me in silence and I felt something deep inside of me break.

Why the hell was he in this building? And what was Karen doing with Darren?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts because Karen would never do anything to hurt or break our relationship.

I walked to my apartment and inserted my key before I pushed the door open.

I walked in and closed the door behind me, going into our room to put down my briefcase and take off my blazer and tie.

"You're home early," Karen said, giving me a hug from behind.

I turned around and kissed her forehead. "I made their life a living hell. You have nothing to worry about, Babydoll."

She continued on hugging me and I stroked her hair before I pulled back and looked at her face.

Her eyes were red as if she just cried, but it seems like she was trying to cover it up.

I immediately clenched my fists. "What the hell did that Darren guy do to you?"

Her eyes widened. "Darren? How did y-"

"He walked by me. And if he wasn't here to see you then I sure as hell don't know why he would be here," I cut her off.

She shook her head. "Nothing. Don't worry about it."

I gently touched her cheek. "Why are you trying to hide the fact that he was here?"

She took a step away from me and my hand dropped to my side.

"Karen," I called as she walked out of the room.

I followed her and grabbed onto her wrist.

"Stop, Conan!" She said, trying to move her hand away from my grip.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what he did or said to you," I replied.

She stopped struggling and looked at me dead in the eye. "What do you think he did?"

I looked at her in confusion. "I don't know that's why I'm asking you. I don't want to play any games here, Karen."

"Then don't play any damn games," she glared, pulling her hand away from my grip.

I watched her leave to another room and I sighed.

Why is she acting like that?

I went back to our room and took off the rest of my clothes before I went into the bathroom to shower.

As the water sprayed against my skin, the thought of Karen and Darren wouldn't leave my mind.

No matter how many times I've tried to shake off that thought, it always found its way back to me.

I shut off the shower and grabbed my towel and wrapped it around the lower half of my body before I got out and grabbed clothes to change into.

Then I walked out to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.