12: The media

Chapter Twelve

I entered Conan's parents' house and awkwardly trailed behind him as he intertwined our fingers and dragged me.

Last night we got home late, so Conan decided to sleep on it. Of course I didn't sleep in the same room as him because I was pissed off still. And I still am, but he just dragged me to wherever he needs me and I can't do anything about it.

He was planning to tell his parents something and I was really nervous about meeting his parents even though I've seen them before.

"Okay, so maybe we can figure something else out. Don't worry," I heard a woman say.

"Trust me, after that press conference, everything will go as planned now," a shrilly voice replied to the woman.

We turned the corner and came to face Conan's mom and the bitch.

"Conan?" Conan's mom asked, confused.

I glanced at his mom before I looked at the bitch. Her eyes were wide as she stared at our intertwined fingers and my baby bump.

"What the actual fu-"

"Who's this?" Conan's mom cut the bitch off, looking at me in confusion.

Conan pulled me so I would be standing next to him and I unconsciously stepped closer to his side due to the gaze she was giving us.

"Remember Sophia's best friend Karen? This is her," he replied.

She looked at me with a blank face and then her eyes landed on my stomach and I was scared to hear what she was going to say.

"Is that y-"

"Yes. That's my baby, mom. I am not going to marry Jessica. I'm marrying Karen because she has my child," I cut her off.

What?

I felt pain in my chest when I heard that he was going to marry me for our baby only, but I quickly subsided it.

"What?" The bitch screamed.

I winced at her tone and I looked over at Conan's mom. She was shocked, but her face showed an awed expression as she looked at my stomach.

"Jessica, you should go. I'm s-"

She cut Conan's mom off and yelled, "I told you to leave Conan and I alone, bitch! I thought you would be gone forever and I would get to live my life as a Russell. Why did you come back? That's probably not even Conan's baby! You lying, conniving bi-"

Without realizing, I had slapped the bitch in the face.

Conan tightened his hold on my hand and I glared at the bitch that didn't learn her lesson from before.

"The one lying is you. Conan didn't even propose to you yet and you've already held a press conference claiming that you guys are engaged. Don't you dare insult my baby!" I said coldly.

The bitch held onto her cheek and she glared at me before looking at Conan and his mom, looking for support. They both didn't say anything to her and she stomped off without saying another word.

"God, she's so freakin annoying," Conan said under his breath.

I looked at him with a small smile and he smiled back at me.

It felt like a moment.

Suddenly, my attention was drawn to Conan's mom and I blushed, realizing that I just slapped Conan's almost fiancé.

"Hello, Miss Dem. I'm Carol Russell," his mom smiled warmly at me.

I smiled back shyly. "Hello, Mrs. Russell."