17: Forever

Chapter Seventeen

Karen Dem's P.O.V.

"I mean, I don't get it. Why did Darren look at me like that? As if like I just stabbed his heart and threw it into the ocean or something?" I asked, chopping up the vegetables for the soup that Sophia was making.

Sophia sighed and I looked up at her. "Maybe he's jealous? I don't know."

I frowned and looked at her accusingly. "You're not telling me something. I can see and hear it."

We glared at each other for a few seconds and she groaned. "Fine! He just seemed heartbroken or something. Like maybe he realized his mistake of losing you. The other day before you-know-what, he asked David if he could borrow his cabin in order to forget about a certain someone. I swear that's all I know."

I stared down at the cutting board filled with veggies and put the knife down before I set a hand on my growing stomach.

Conan and I created this baby. It's going to be my everything. Darren on the other hand, has nothing to do with me. We're on our own ways. And we sure as hell ain't going to be together anymore.

My eyes drifted to my engagement ring and a small smile showed up on my lips.

I'm still not over the fact that Conan proposed to me like that. It's definitely the most sweetest thing that someone has ever done for me.

And to this day, he's still the same. Sweet, cocky, handsome, and so perfect.

He's so perfect to me. And it makes my heart melt every time he look at me in that way that he does. And the way he kisses me. They way he treats me makes me feel like the only one in the world.

Like I'm his world.

"Are you okay?" Sophia asked, snapping me back into reality.

I looked up at her and nodded before I picked up the knife again.

"Hurry up with the veggies then," she laughed lightly.

I laughed along and started cutting the veggies again.

The next thing I knew, I felt a sharp pain on my finger. I put the knife down and looked at my finger.

"Ow. I just cut myself," I frowned, grabbing a napkin to wipe the blood.

Sophia came to my side and frowned. "How bad is it?"

I removed the napkin and looked it over. "It's not bad. No worries."

"You just go fix that up and sit down. I'll take care of these things," Soph said, pushing me out of my kitchen.

I went into the bathroom and cleaned up my finger before I went back to Soph and spent some more girl time with her.

By the time she left, it was time for Conan to come home. To say that I was excited was an understatement because I've been waiting for him the whole day.

When I heard a knock on my door, I quickly got up to open it and my breath caught in my throat.

Conan stood there handsomely with a hand holding onto his briefcase and the other by his side. He had a little smirk on his lips as he saw me standing there and suddenly, I was pulled into a kiss.

His kisses are always the best part of my day. They just have this little thing about them that makes me crave for more.

"I missed you, Babydoll. You have no idea how much," he said, hugging me tightly.

I blushed and hugged him tightly back. "I missed you too."

He lead me into our home and locked the door behind him before we both entered the living room. I helped him take off his blazer and set it on the armrest of the couch before we both sat down.

"Have fun with Sophia today?" He questioned, putting an arm around my shoulders.

I leaned into him and nodded as he took my hands and played with my fingers with his free hand.

"What happened here?" He asked, pointing to my bandaged finger.

I shrugged. "I accidentally cut my finger while cutting the veggies. It's just a small cut. I'll be okay."

He raised my finger up and kissed it, which caused me to blush. "Be careful next time. I don't want you hurt."

I smiled. "I know you don't. I promise to be careful next time."

He kissed my knuckles and u leaned in closer to him. "You missed out on the food. You should've let me bring you something to eat. Are you hungry?"

He chuckled softly. "No, Babydoll. I rather have you safe than doing those things for me. It sucks that I have to be back at work, but I've made some arrangements and I hope that that works out for the both of us because I want to see you more than just a few hours everyday."

I laughed and looked up at him. "You're going to get tired of me quickly if you see me more than a few hours everyday."

He looked down at me with an amused smile. "I could look at you for twenty four hours, seven days a week, and forever. I know that I would never get tired of seeing your beautiful face, love."

My heart fluttered in my chest as I heard him say that and I really wanted to let him know how I feel, so I did the second best way of explaining it.

I kissed him with all that I felt for him and let me tell you, the kiss was filled with so much passion that it actually made me fall for him even harder, if that was possible.

Conan carefully laid me down on the couch and hovered on top of me.

"Babydoll?" He murmured against my lips softly.

"Yeah?" I replied as he slowly trailed kisses down my jawline to my neck.

He stopped when he got to the base of my neck and pressed his forehead against mine, which caused me to open my eyes to look at him.

"My parents wanted a family dinner tonight. Do you want to go? I mean, we don't have to go if you don't want to. I don't mi-"

I pressed my finger to his lips and cut him off. "Conan, we'll go. Don't worry."

I didn't want to stop him from visiting his family. I wasn't going to make his family hate me even more for deciding not to go. If I wanted him to be happy, then I was going to have to deal with the things that plans to stop me from pursuing my happiness.

And I was willing to sacrifice everything for our little family to be happy.

"Are you sure, Babydoll?" He asked, shocked.

I nodded. "Yeah, of course. Sophia and David will be there. What's there to not be sure of?"

He looked at me worriedly. "I'm talking about you. About what my dad called you last time. I dont forgive him for calling you that, Babydoll."

I smiled weakly. "It's okay, Conan. Maybe we both can prove him wrong then, right?"

He chuckled and nodded. "Yes, love."

I smiled and pressed my lips to his and savoured this moment in the back of my mind.

If this was forever, then I'd gladly take up this offer because that means that I get to be with my happiness - my little family.

And that was everything to me.

I love Conan Russell and couldn't be anymore glad that this baby in my stomach brought us together.

I wouldn't change this moment for anything. This moment right here is life. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

-----------------------------------------------------

HEYYYYYYYYY. SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! I was kind of out of it... But, I am back! Hopefully:) Hope life's been treating you guys well! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this little chapter. Please remember to vote, comment, or follow. I love you guys! Much love, Pachee x