23: Wedding planning

Chapter Twenty Three

I wrapped my arms around Karen and pulled her closer to me, feeling her warmth evade my body and she sighed contently, snuggling closer to me.

I chuckled and kissed her shoulder and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Good morning, Babydoll," I said against her shoulder.

She smiled and kissed my bare chest lightly. "Good morning."

"Sleep okay?" I asked, looking into her beautiful hazel colored eyes.

She nodded and I brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Did you dream of me?" I smirked.

She rolled her eyes playfully and laughed, pushing me away to get out of bed. "Idiot."

I grabbed onto her waist and pulled her back into my hold and she laughed.

"You're not going anywhere," I grinned, pinning her beneath me, careful not to put all my weight on her in case I hurt our baby.

She glared at me playfully and I chuckled, pressing my lips into her soft ones, loving the feeling.

Suddenly, Karen pushed me back and get eyes widened in shock. I looked at her weirdly.

"What wrong?" I asked, looking over her face.

She took one of my hands and pressed it to her stomach and I smiled widely.

I felt a small kick but at the same time, it was like the foot was pressing against her stomach so it felt like there was a print there.

I looked at her and she smiled widely. I pressed my lips to hers and she smiled against it.

"I love you," I smiled, pulling back from her.

She smiled back and wrapped her arms around my neck replying, "I love you too."

Suddenly we heard a loud clatter from outside our room and I quickly stood up with Karen on the bed with wide eyes.

Her hands unconsciously went to her stomach and I touched her cheek.

"Hey, I'll be right back. Don't move and if you hear anything, call the police. Okay?" I said calmly, looking at her, trying to calm her down with my eyes.

She nodded and grabbed her phone on the beside table and stood up behind me, clutching my shirt.

I quickly kissed her forehead and left her in our room as I carefully made my way out.

I carefully walked down the hall that lead to the living room and when I was about to turn the corner, a body collided against mine and I quickly pinned them against the wall.

"It's just me, Conan!" She screamed.

I took a step back and rubbed my face. "Shit, Sophia. Why'd you sneak in? You scared Karen half to death."

She looked at me apologetically and said, "Sorry, bu-"

"It's just you Soph? Oh my god, what a way to scare us!" Karen said, quickly coming behind me.

She grinned sheepishly before she cleared her throat and looked at my fiancé seriously. "No time to talk right now. Karen, wedding planning time!"

"Wedding planning?" Karen and I echoed.

Sophia looked at us in disbelief. "Yes, wedding planning! It's been so long since Conan has proposed to you and you haven't even done any planning for your wedding at all and we are going to start now. I will not wait any longer!"