4: She's my babydoll

Chapter Four

Conan Russell's P.O.V.

I watched her as she down those three shots that the man ordered for her and internally groaned.

Why the hell does she do this to herself?

The man was basically rubbing his hands up and down her thighs right now and I'm about two seconds from ripping his hands from his arms.

She was so drunk right now. I could see it in the way she interacted with him. And I am not going to sit here and watch while he takes advantage of her.

I got up from my seat once I saw that she stood up with the man while he had a wicked smirk on his lips.

"Hey, man. I'll take it from here," I said, taking Karen's unoccupied hand.

"No way. She said that I could have her for tonight," he replied, pulling her to his side.

She looked at him confused and cut me off when I was about to reply. "No I didn't. I asked you what you were going to do to me and you said you'll tell me after the drinks. And now that I've already drank them. Tell me."

"Not in front of this guy," the man scoffed.

"Why not?" She asked, confused.

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously? You're going to take advantage of her when she's drunk?"

The man rolled his eyes. "I know you would too."

I looked over at Karen and saw that she was frowning. But then she looked up and saw me.

"Hey," she smiled as if she didn't even know that I was there next to her.

I chuckled and pulled her away from the man's grasp. "I'm taking you home, Babydoll."

"I'd go home with you any day, Conan. No doubt," she flirted.

I rolled my eyes at how drunk she was.

Last night she told me to stay the hell away from her and today she's flirting with me.

She's so bipolar!

I walked through the crowded dancing bodies and Karen swayed as she walked, almost bumping into people.

I flipped her over my shoulder to avoid her from tripping or falling and she squealed in surprise.

I chuckled and walked out of the club, leaving the guy looking pissed as hell.

Once we were on the road, Karen was shifting in the passenger seat nervously. I glanced over at her and she stared straight ahead as if she was trying not to look at me.

"So, where do you live?" I asked, glancing at her again.

She turned her head and looked at me with a small smirk. "I thought you were taking me to your place."

I shook my head. "I'm taking you to your house."

She frowned and traced my jaw with her finger. "What if I want to go home with you?"

I took a deep breath and grabbed onto her hand to stop her from touching me because I actually liked it.

"Where do you live?" I asked again.

She didn't move her hand from mine and told me her address reluctantly.

Once we reached her house, I got out and opened the door for her to get out.

She stumbled in her heels and I steadied her before I decided to just carry her bridal style to her door.

"I hate these heels," she complained, frowning.