10: Gone

Chapter Ten

Now that all my cookies are gone, I thought about Overly Attached's words about Conan being her fiancé and I seriously hope that that wasn't true.

If it was true, then honestly, I don't know what I'll do about it. I'd probably just leave. Especially since I have his little one in my stomach right now too. He doesn't need me to ruin his reputation and get tied down.

I sighed and grabbed my phone to call Sophia so I can talk to her.

"Hey, best friend. What's on your mind?" She greeted.

I smiled at hearing my best friend's voice and replied, "Hey, Soph. I'm just thinking."

"Same here," she replied, not sounding like herself.

I frowned. "What's wrong?"

"You're not telling me something, huh?" She accused.

Well, I'm not telling you three things: Conan and I, Overly Attached, and my baby growing in my stomach at this second.

"What are you talking about?" I asked innocently, hoping she doesn't catch on.

"I don't know. But, want to know what I heard today?"

I stared at my ceiling. "What did you hear?"

"First, I heard you were sick! Why didn't you tell me? I would've made you my awesome soup," she said sadly.

Oh, so that's what she's talking about.

"Sorry. I didn't want to bother you, but I feel better now anyways," I laughed awkwardly.

"Oh, good. But the second thing I heard was that Conan is engaged to this girl. I don't know who she is, but I heard that she's annoying and her voice is l-"

Conan is engaged.

"Wait, Conan is engaged?" I asked, cutting her off.

"Yeah. Apparently for a few weeks now. Why?"

Conan freakin Russell is engaged!

"Karen?"

Oh, god. What the hell did I get myself into?

"Hey, Karen. You still there?" Sophia asked worriedly.

I felt a weird feeling inside my stomach and chest, but I dismissed it. "Yeah, I'm fine. But, hey. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Soph."

I quickly hung up and didn't even wait for her to answer as I set my phone down and turned to my side. Then my hand slowly carressed my small, flat stomach.

Somehow my heart felt heavy. I feel sad. I don't know why, but I feel cheated and lied to even though we're not even a thing.

He already had somebody, but he cheated on her with me. And he's been so sweet to me. He's been taking care of me like I was something special. The way he touched me. The way he kissed me.

But, it was all just a game to him. He was a well known womanizer in the city. How can I even forget about that? He's probably having the time of his life every single time that I'm not with him.

I was just there for his sexual pleasures and I should've kept that in my mind. I should've been more careful. And now that I have his baby, he's going to think that I did it on purpose to trap him.

The reason why he didn't want to get married was because he didn't want to be tied down. Now, with this baby in my stomach, he is going to hate me and it for tying him down. And I can't afford letting our baby know that his father hates him.