18: I love you

Chapter Eighteen

I nervously walked up the stone pavement up to the doorstep of Conan's parents' house, hand in hand with him.

To tell the truth, I was scared as hell. I just hope that the night will go by smoothly. After all, this is for my little family.

Conan tightened his hold on my hand and stopped to look at me. "Are you okay, Babydoll?"

I nodded and smiled. "Just nervous. But I'll be fine."

He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes, loving the feel of his lips on my skin.

"I promise you that if anything goes bad, then we're leaving, okay?" He asked once he pulled back.

I nodded and Conan pressed the doorbell.

After a few seconds, the door opened, revealing David with Eliza's arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

"Hey," David greeted, opened the door wider for us to come in.

Conan smiled and touched Eliza's cheeks, making her giggle before he took my hand and led me into his parents' house.

"Sophia is with mom in the kitchen, Karen. And Conan, dad wants to see you," David said once he closed the door and put Eliza down.

She quickly ran to me and clung onto my leg and I smiled. "Hey, Eliza. You've gotten so big!"

She giggled and ran back to her dad and a smile rose on my lips because I couldn't help but think that Conan and I will have a baby like my best friend and her husband in the near future.

Conan put his free hand on my stomach and kissed the side of my head. "I'll be back, Babydoll."

I nodded and he walked down the hall, leaving me with David and my little niece.

"Everything will be fine, Karen. Come on. I'll show you where Sophia and mom are at," David said, sensing my nervousness.

I nodded and followed him as he walked the other way from Conan.

Soon enough, I saw Sophia and her, or should I say our mother in law in the kitchen talking about something.

Sophia's eyes lit up when she saw the both of us and David went to kiss his mother's cheek before kissing Sophia on the lips.

"Hey, Karen. Glad to see that you guys came," Conan's mom said, pulling me into a warm hug.

I hugged her back and gave her a smile. "We wouldn't miss it."

She gave me a blank, kind of sad, face before smiling. "I decided to let the chefs go home. Sophia and I are just about done with cooking and the maids will set the table soon. Join us."

I nodded and looked at Sophia. She gave me an encouraging smile and I smiled the same back.

I hope Conan is doing fine with his dad.

Conan Russell's P.O.V.

"I do not allow you to marry her whether or not she has your child. You will make amends with the Aldens. You can pay for child sup-"

I stood up from the couch in his study and walked out, not even looking back.

I wasn't trying to listen to him talk like that about my fiancé. The woman that I love and am about to marry. I don't give a damn if that's my father. I am protecting my wife and our baby at all costs.

"Conan, hey! Get back in here. I'm not done with you," my dad yelled, coming out after me.

I ignored him and walked straight into the kitchen where I saw Karen's beautiful smile. That fell when she saw me and quickly came over.

"Hey, what wrong?" She asked, touching my arm softly.

I cupped her face with one of my hand and said, "Let's go. We're leaving."

She was surprised, but she nodded and grabbed her purse from the side.

David, Sophia, Eliza, and my mom walked toward us and suddenly, my dad popped up through the door.

I grabbed onto Karen's hand and protectively blocked her from my dad as we walked by him.

"Conan, I am going to give you one more chance into doing what I asked or you will no longer be my son!" He yelled, which caused me to stop walking.

Karen's hand tightened around mine and I pulled her closer to me.

"And I'm going to say this one last time, dad. I am not going to give the woman that I love up for some stupid shit that we don't even need and ruin the both of our lives. I am doing what I what and if you guys don't accept that, then I don't care. Cut me off, take me out of the family and remove my name. I don't want to have a family with you guys if you don't want to accept my decisions!" I replied angrily before I grabbed onto Karen's hand and pulling her out of my parents' house, leaving David and his family inside.

Once we reached my car, I stopped and blew out a breath. Karen reached out and gently touched my cheek tenderly.

"I'm so sorry, Conan. I should just leave, huh? Maybe that will make things so much easier. I should've left a long time ago. It would've saved us all from the trouble and your dad wouldn't have said all those things to you," she cried.

I brushed my thumbs across her cheeks and kissed her forehead. "I have no dad. And don't worry about anything, Babydoll. I wouldn't have done this any other way."

She looked up at me with her teary eyes and asked, "Do you really love me like you said?"

I said that? Fuck, I wasn't supposed to tell her this way!

"Yes, I mean it. I love you too much to let you go. Call me selfish, I don't care. But I rather be happy with than be miserable without you," I said honestly.

She gave me a beautiful smile and pressed her lips into mine. "All those times that I've thought about leaving, I never left because I'm in love with you too. And you can also call me selfish for doing this to keep you in my life. I'm literally tearing your family apart."

I gave her a smile. "It's okay, Babydoll. We'll make it work. It's their fault for not accepting us. As long as I'm with you, I don't mind a single thing."

She smiled and I pressed my lips into hers, before I opened the passenger door for her to get in. She did that and then I pressed my lips on her stomach.

A smile rose to my lips. "I love you too, little one."

----------------------------------------------

Seriously, the dad is such a douche. XD

BUT HEY, GUYS!!! I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. BUT I HOPE THAT I'M BACK FOR GOOD! I love you. STAY AWESOME LOVES!!!

Much love, Pachee xxx