90

🥀

taehyung's eyes were wide as he locks eyes at the man infront of him, taking a step back and almost stumbling a bit. trembling hands over his mouth.

"my love...." jungkook called out, hopeful eyes locked on the silver haired male's teary ones.

the words made tears to swell up more in the other's eyes, his chest heaving as he bit his lip. flashbacks of all the sweet moments they had shared flooding in his mind. the feelings of longing he had buried and ignored now all resurfacing.

he missed him so much.

he didn't know how long they've stood there just starring at each other, getting lost in each other's eyes. both of them standing still not until the dark haired male took a step forward, eyes searching asking for consent that he gave without needing to say any words as he looked at him before he felt the others familiar warmth.

"i'm sorry... i'm so sorry...." jungkook murmurs, voice laced with pain and regret. arms tight around the silver haired male whose body trembled in his hold as he softly sobs against his chest. the dark haired male starting to tear up as well but bravely holding it in.

taehyung's hands were softly clutched on the dark haired male's blazers. tears continuously flowing down, mixed emotions stirring inside of him. his mind grasping the fact that this was real.

jungkook is here.

the dark haired male continued to hush him as they slowly pulled away, the older internally cooing seeing how his mouth still had the habit of turning into a small pout.

the younger kept his head low as he sniffed, jungkook slowly lifting his chin as he gently wiped away his tears.

the silver haired male couldn't help but be in trance at their proximity, eyes scanning every inch of the dark haired male's face as the older continued to gently stroke his cheeks. mind making sure that he wasn't dreaming.

the older then smiled at him, the younger's cheeks turning a shade of pink as he caught his eyes. feeling a bit embarrassed as he had been caught starring at him.

both didn't dared to speak as taehyung engulfed the other again in a hug, snuggling against jungkook's chest. the older startled but welcomed him in his arms.

"taehyung" a voice called out, both of them turning their head and seeing namjoon.

"a-appa..." the silver haired male exclaims, flustered as he steps back away from jungkook and wiping his eyes.

namjoon eyes briefly went wide recognizing the male beside his son, eyes flicking from taehyung to the dark haired male. a small frown slowly forming in his lips seeing the tears in taehyung's eyes.

the dark haired male however was confused at how the younger had addressed namjoon thinking he might've heard it wrong but the silver haired male calling the other again confirmed otherwise.

"appa, what are you doing here?" taehyung asks as namjoon approached them.

"your dad's looking for you, the program ended awhile ago and we're planning to head home now. everyone's waiting in the main hall." his appa replied. "is... everything alright?" namjoon added, the silver haired male quick to nod his head.

"oh, i see... yeah, i'm okay. i just bumped into jungkookie- jungkook..." the silver haired male mumbled, briefly glancing at jungkook who had been quiet the whole time assessing his interaction with his appa.

"why don't you go ahead and find your dad. i'll speak to... jungkook." namjoon says with a smile as he looked over to the dark haired male.

taehyung glanced between the two, confused if he should leave the two. the tension in the room was very visible. it was obvious to him that his father also didn't know that jungkook was here too.