"tae?" jimin softly knocked on the door before entering and letting out a sigh as he eyed the untouched tray of food on the bedside table.

seokjin had somehow convinced the brunette to take a shower earlier and had asked minsoo to prepare something for him but the younger had refused to eat and stayed lifelessly in bed wearing jungkook's shirt.

it somehow gave the brunette hope when he had walked inside the walk in closet seeing most of jungkook's clothes thinking that he'll be back soon but minsoo was quick to inform him that the young jeon would leave clothes in their residence just like in all of their other houses in other countries.

it was jungkook's mother who made sure that he has clothes in all of their houses just in case they were to visit unplanned and also save him the time of packing considering the young jeon travels a lot in terms of business.

minsoo felt sorry and guilty seeing how the the information shattered the small ray of hope in the younger's eyes but she didn't want him to have false hope.

they didn't know when the young jeon will be visiting their korean residence again.

jimin lies down beside the brunette, facing him. the younger starring into space. eyes dry, red and puffy.

"wow, did i look like this when my ex broke up with me? you know the night when we first met?" jimin speaks, voice laced with utter disbelief obviously wanting to lighten up the mood.

"no, you look worse." the younger croaks out, voice hoarse. face straight and void of any emotion.

"oh wow, i'm leaving" jimin sarcastically exclaims with a playful roll of his eyes but was startled when the brunette wraps his arms around him, face burying in his chest.

a smile appears in his lips as he wraps his own arms around the younger as he gently caressed his brunette hair and started humming a lullaby and pressing a kiss on top of his hair.

a comfortable silence engulfed the two as jimin continued to stroke the brunette's hair soothingly before he decided to speak.

"jungkook wanted me to tell you everything..." he murmurs which made the brunette to look up at him.

taehyung found out the whole truth.

"jungkook was only supposed to stay here in korea for about two or three months max under his father's order..." the blonde haired male starts.

after jungkook was appointed as ceo of the jeon corporation, his father temporarily asked him to manage the company in their main base here in korea to be able to monitor their operations around asia before they start their expansion in europe where he'll be personally handling starting from one of their bases in switzerland and basically just be all over europe for the whole duration wherever he's needed.

he was to stay in korea as the initial preparations are being made but was all soon forgotten when he met V that night in the doll shop.

things obviously got a little complicated as jungkook decided to buy him out of the shop.

"he hired yoongi to do a bit of a background check on you, the madam and the shop and oh boy did they found out a lot of stuff." jimin exclaims, eyes wide like he was just spilling some high school gossip to the brunette.

taehyung founds out that the madam had indeed plans of putting him up for an auction, mr bang hinting jungkook about what she was doing and had done with his records and all.

the blonde slowly elaborated everything to the young brunette who was quiet the whole time but he could see the mix of emotions etched in his face, mostly shocked from hearing all of this for the first time.