Chapter 58

Saphira waited for the gauntlet to charge as she trembled in the grasp of Scourge's firm hold of her body. She focused on her breathing, as his tight grip was making it hard to take full breaths. She knew he was enjoying the triumph at the moment, but she didn't want to give up. Scourge hummed as he heard the Porsche engine, and it seemed to be getting closer. Saphira guessed Mirage was driving towards him, but she did not know if Mirage could even take Scourge on alone. Mirage wasn't strong enough like Optimus or Primal were, so she was immediately worried.

She glanced up as she could see round, metal spheres falling through the portal and she realized that Unicron was sending his own forces now to join the fight. And Saphira was certain that what Unicron would be sending would be far worse than the terrorcons that Scourge had summoned, and it definitely made it so that the autobots and maximals were definitely outnumbered. She glanced at the panel as she knew she had to still get to it somehow. But she needed to get free from Scourge's grasp first.

Scourge chuckled and looked at Saphira, moving her closer as she tensed, looking back at his optics. "Now do you see? Your little attempt to shut down the portal was in vain. But I admire your bravery, even though you are nothing but a little insect compared to myself and Optimus Prime." He huffed in amusement and shook his head. "I'll make sure you get to witness the full destruction of this planet before I snuff the very life from your body, but not before I kill Optimus Prime with a slow, painful death...AAAHHH!" Saphira shot at Scourge's face again, and she was surprised to blast a part of his helmet on the right side of his cheek, but he did not let her go like last time. She widened her eyes as he glared at her, and she began to panic. "Pathetic!" Scourge threw Saphira on the ground hard, and she screamed as soon as she hit the ground on her side, feeling a sharp pain from her ribs. Scourge smirked as he observed the girl tensing and shaking from pain, making him laugh lightly. "It doesn't even take much to break a human. But you aren't made of metal like Prime."

Saphira took deep breaths as tears of pain streamed down her face and she tried to hide her pain, even though Scourge was already taking great joy in her pain. The pain in her side was immense, and it was making it hard for her to breath. She was positive that several of her rib bones had been broken. She hoped that her lungs were not punctured, but it was hard to tell. She glanced at Scourge for a moment before looking away, and he seemed to be satisfied that she was incapacitated now that she was injured this way.

"Hmm...I might keep you around longer if I decide you are worth it." Scourge turned away from Saphira and she began to try to move before he aimed his sword towards her, making her shriek and cover her head with her arms. "Move, and you will get another broken bone. And it will be removed clean from your body." Saphira did not respond, only turning her head as she heard the sound of a speeding Porsche and gasped when she saw Mirage. Scourge growled a little. "This should not take long."

Saphira stared with worry as Mirage sped towards Scourge as she did not know what he could do to attack Scourge. Saphira herself wanted to sit up, but the pain she was feeling was making it very difficult. She watched as Scourge shot at Mirage, and he swerved before he began to create holograms of himself suddenly. She smiled a little as she remembered him doing that before, and now he was using it against Scourge.

"One!" Scourge narrowed his optics and armed his sword again. "Two, three!" Saphira flinched as she watched one of the Mirage holograms jumping at Scourge and he tried to impale it, but the image quickly disappeared. "There it is! Pow!" Saphira smiled a little when Mirage punched Scourge's face, and created more holograms. Mirage glanced at Saphira to see she was down and looked back at Scourge. "No way will you hurt my little sister and get away with it."

Scourge began to chuckle a little in amusement. "That makes you a failure if that is what you believe, pest!"

Mirage just laughed back at Scourge began swinging at his holograms. "We shall see about that! I thought you had good aim!" The terrorcon growled, kicking at another hologram. "Nope! Missed again!" Scourge growled, shooting at another hologram, and he missed again. "Try again!"