Chapter 50

After Saphira had shouted at the autobots that one of Scourge's terrorcon pets had found its way down into the temple that she was in, the autobots quickly began to speed through the city. Airazor kept a view from above, and informed the autobots that Scourge was here. Optimus was not happy about that, because Scourge was outside of their scan range, and they did not detect him. He was less happy about the fact that they had also missed the small terrorcon making its way across the city to the temple. That was something he really was unhappy about.

"Airazor, where is Saphira right now?" Arcee asked the Maximal as she sheltered within Wheeljack's vehicle form while he sped through the city.

"She is still underground heading for the jungle. She is running..." Airazor paused with a slight gasp. "She tripped or something. But that thing that is in the cave with her likely is still chasing her. I might be able to find the jungle entrance to help her faster. But you need to watch your backs."

"Understood, Airazor." Optimus was keeping a watchful eye on the road behind him to keep watch for Scourge. "Mirage, why did you not inform Saphira on how to use the device you had given her? She could be killed for your lack of information."

"I kind of thought it would be more fun if she figured it out on her own," Mirage muttered in a sulky voice, even though Optimus was right. "I didn't think she would be attacked, Prime!"

"That does not matter!" Optimus's tone was full of anger and fear as he sped through the town.

The autobots did have to avoid the humans, as the locals who were enjoying the festival were startled by the sudden movement of the three vehicles speeding through the town. They did not want to cause destruction here to this city, and Optimus did hope that Scourge would follow them and not create destruction in this town. They already caused the destruction of a museum, they didn't need a city on their hands.

As they turn onto a slope heading towards the jungle, Optimus saw the three terrorcons jumping down from the top of the buildings and transforming behind them. Optimus was fuming as seeing these terrorcons now meant they had indeed discovered the location of where the last half of the Transwarp Key should have been. But now they were tailing the autobots, and likely were thinking that the autobots knew where the key was.

"Aw, man!" Mirage had noticed the terrorcons as well, and he was also unhappy about it. "They're tailing us! Just what we need!"

"They must think we have the key or something!" Arcee was not happy about this development and she was already worried. "I hope you can come up with a plan, Optimus, because we cannot lead them to Saphira. We already know that Scourge will take pleasure in torturing the human to death just to hurt us." Optimus did know that, and that was why he was angry. "I don't suppose you could do something Airazor."

"Not until you get out of the city. We will not be responsible for razing a human city to the ground based on the need to protect one human from the terrorcons." Optimus agreed with Airazor. Leading the terrorcons from the human city was what they needed to do.

So the autobots could really do nothing but lead the terrorcons out of the city. Though Wheeljack and Arcee would be behind the terrorcons as they were the last to leave the city, but that did not really matter. They needed to do what was needed. And while the tension was high, and that the autobots needed to stop Scourge, they could only wait and speed along the road towards the jungle so they could reach Saphira.

Optimus did wonder how Saphira was doing against the terrorcon. Airazor has not said if the girl was injured or dead, and the girl has not yet screamed for their help again. Optimus was worried about her, and he certainly did not want to bring Scourge to her. Scourge had already seemed to notice in the short time they had fought there was a connection between Saphira and Optimus, and he will certainly try to use that against Prime.