Chapter 39

When the morning came around, Optimus's holoform was still active. He was still holding Saphira as she slept peacefully in the blankets he had wrapped her in the night before. During the time she slept, he had turned the fairy lights off, and cleared away the rose petals so that they would not disturb her through the night. He was happy that the night went well. And he intended on doing something like this again very soon, because he knew it was important to ensure Saphira would never feel any less about herself in regard to him. Especially after learning about one of her kidneys being removed.

He did not know how much it would have affected Saphira to have one kidney removed, especially in the situation she had grown up in. He didn't know how old she was when it happened, but he felt awful for her. She was treated like she wasn't human just because her parents used her for money, and she had a part of her butchered from her body. Optimus did not know what more of her past that he would learn about eventually, but he felt that she didn't need to explain further. What she has already told him was enough, and he didn't think the rest needed to be told. Especially that what she told him seemed to give enough of a picture

Optimus did wish he could bring breakfast to Saphira. He was unable to get it for her, and he has observed Saphira cooking food, he didn't want to attempt it without assistance first. But as Saphira didn't have anything at the moment, she would have to go to a café again to get breakfast. He doubted that she would mind, but he still wished he could wake her up with some coffee and breakfast. It would certainly make the start of her day good.

And the other thing that he was happy about, she had no nightmare tonight. She slept through the whole night without her nightmare, and it seemed that Optimus had given her good dreams instead. He was very happy, because she would now be well rested, and she wouldn't feel the need to have coffee to keep her awake for part of the day. She would likely still have coffee, but only to have with her breakfast, and not because she felt the need for caffeine.

Optimus watched the sunrise that morning as he waited for Saphira to wake from her sleep. With no nightmare, he knew she would take the extra time to sleep. He did not dare do anything that might wake her from her sleep, knowing that she needed it. He thought about what they might do today, as they had not discussed it the day before. Optimus knew that they generally did not make plans for each day, and it was fine.

Snow had also fallen in the early hours of the morning, but it was only a light dusting, and the thin layer of snow would melt very quickly. Optimus hummed gently as he felt very satisfied. Sure, he still was sad and frustrated that he couldn't return to Cybertron. But he has found someone who could become his sparkmate. And he wanted Saphira to be his sparkmate. He did hope that bonding with her would also extend her life, since human lives were very short compared to Cybertronians.

Looking down at Saphira as she began to stir, Optimus smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead. She murmured something under her breath as she slowly woke up from her deep sleep. She rolled onto her back and covered her eyes with her arm, making Optimus hum in amusement. She was bothered by the light of the midmorning sun, and needed a moment for her eyes to adjust to the light. She pulled the blankets tighter around her, as she didn't put her pyjamas on the night before, and slept only in her panties.

She groaned a little and reached out to feel around until she felt Optimus's shoulder, making her smile, but she kept her other arm over her eyes as she slowly woke up. "Morning, Optimus..." She yawned loudly and stretched her legs. "Um...I don't think I had a nightmare last night, did I? I feel like I have slept a full night."

He managed to plant a kiss on her cheek, making her giggle and shift her head to turn away, making him more amused at her cute reactions to him. "You had no nightmare at all, Saphira. It seems that I have given you good dreams instead of bad dreams. I had worried you would wake up a short time after you had fallen asleep, but there was no noise from you." She smiled as she was happy about that and Optimus moved strands of her hair from her face gently. "Take your time waking up, Saphira. I have no doubt you feel a lot better than you did yesterday."