Chapter 4

So the rest of the previous day was kind of boring for Saphira after she had done her grocery shopping. When she returned to the apartment, she went and informed the manager that she now had a car and would be parking in her allocated parking space. The management was fine by this as she informed them before parking the car there. They were actually happy to allow her to park her car there. With that, Saphira spent the day in her apartment just sketching.

She actually finished the sketch she made of the Porsche itself, and she was very happy with the completed image. She made sure to capture the body stripe and the strange face mark on the hood of the car as well. Then she sketched the interior of the car. She has been told she could make a lot of money with her skill, but she didn't want her hobby to turn into work at the moment.

Saphira did try calling Dylan that night too, but he never answered or even responded after she left a few messages. She was worried that their relationship would be rocky simply because she had a new car. She still thought it was ridiculous, but she also couldn't do much about. If it happens that way, she would deal with it. But for the moment, she just figured he was just sulking and he will come back.

As for the next few days, Saphira would arrive into work expecting to be harassed by Claudia. To her surprise, she was not, and she was able to get work done faster than normal. She heard rumors that Claudia was forced to stay in her area because of her actions earlier in the week. So this was disciplinary by Arthur it would seem. She figured that the woman deserved it.

After the last few days, it was now Friday. Saphira was happy about the upcoming weekend as she hoped to spend it with her boyfriend. And as for the project she and her team have been working on is likely going to be finished before the deadline. She was happy about that, and she has told her team that they could finish it today so that way they could relax on Monday before they are given their new project to work on. That is, if Arthur was happy with it of course.

Saphira was currently finishing up a draft after reading it over when she heard her door opening suddenly. She didn't need to look up to know who it is. She sighed and glanced at the time to see it was just after two before looking up at Claudia. "Hi, Claudia. Are you here to speak to me about something important?"

"Not really. But I heard you got yourself a new car." She raised an eyebrow at Claudia as she was surprised. Saphira has not told anyone about it. Only Arthur knew about it. Claudia simply grinned at her. "It must be nice to drive around now without needing a bus."

"It is nice. I only will use it on my days off though." Saphira glanced at her computer screen before looking back at Claudia. "How do you know that I have a new car?"

Claudia acted all surprised by Saphira's question and she simply smiled at her. "I think I overheard someone talking about it at lunch few times. Why are you asking? Surely everyone knows about it."

Saphira tapped her fingers on the desk thoughtfully as she took a deep breath. "There's a problem with your story, Claudia. I have not told anyone that I have a new car. At least no one who works here."

Claudia widened her eyes as her story was already foiled. "Really? Uh, well you did just confirm that you have a new car. But I swear I heard it from someone else in the office."

Saphira knew that she did confirm she had a new car, but she still wondered where she heard it. "That might be true, but there are only two people who know I have it. Did you overhear it from Arthur?"

"Yeah, I did," Claudia responded quickly with a smile. "I overheard him talking about it. I am kind of surprised that you decided to go and waste money on a car." She chuckled softly as Saphira rolled her eyes. "A girl like you should have used that money to fix that face of yours."