t w e n t y f i v e

sorry if the format is strange,,
it's hard to write a character telling a
story without it being a little awkward lol
but on the bright side.... Fallon lore yippe,,

~

"Hi, welcome in! What name is your reservation under?" The hostess smiles widely as we walk up to the desk.

"We're meeting the Ruffilo table." Noah says, his hand on my lower back right where the hem of my backless dress connects.

"Right this way." She nods and leads me and Noah over to the table.

Before we approach the table he pulls his hand away from me.

I feel my heart racing as I see the back of my mums head, her thick grey hair straightened as flat as possible.

My paces slow and Noah starts to pass me, but he turns and gives me a concerned look.

"You okay?"

I nod and take a deep breath as we walk to our chairs, the hostess passing us each a menu.

I feel my dad's eyes burning into my back as I turn to set my purse on the back of my chair.

"Any drinks?" She asks.

"Sweet iced tea." I mutter and she nods.

"Same here." Noah says and she walks away.

Malory smiles at me sweetly, clearly grateful I showed up.

Noah called Nicholas yesterday and asked if he could come with because he'd never really interacted with my and Malory's parents- and of course he's like family to Nicholas.

"Hey, sissy." Malory squeals and leans over to give me a small hug.

I smile softly and fiddle with my hands, not really knowing how to act.

I feel eyes on me, so I look up and see it isn't from either of my parents- who are too busy asking Nicholas something.

I look to my right and realize it's Noah, his eyes soft as his hand nudges my leg.

"You're doing good." He whispers.

I nod and as I take a deep breath, my mums voice rings over.

"It's nice to see you again Noah- we've not gotten to talk much." She hums. 

"You too, Mrs. Anderson." He nods.

"What have you been up to, son?" My dad chimes in.

"Mostly just the album- trying to get some of my projects finished and ready to release... other than that I honestly can't say much." He chuckles.

"It's been great with the album- seriously Noah's had some big ideas for this one." Nicholas hums along.

"Well Malory is always telling us about your band-" My mum sips her drink. "Isn't my other one working on the album with you?"

I try to stay calm as she refers to me, digging my nails gently into my knee.

"Yeah, she's been working her ass off and it's really helping the album come into its own." Nicholas responds quickly.

"I'm so proud of these kids- we really couldn't be luckier to be their parents." Nicholas' mum, Cassandra, sings proudly.

"Oh, for sure." My dad says, his eyes darting to me for just a second as he takes his glass of whiskey and drinks the last of it. "Very proud of my girls."

My jaw clenches as I dig my nails deeper into my flesh, wishing I could rip the words from his tongue and shove them back down his throat.

The waitress comes over and passes Noah and I our glasses, to which I quickly take a big sip.